“Mr May”

Cuisines: Barbecue, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our visit tonight was fantastic. Service was brilliant from Claire R. Very polite and welcoming. Very well presented. Couldn’t ask for a better server.
Food was really nice. Highly recommend the hanging kebabs.
Best first date ever (this week)!

Date of visit: April 2018
The Botanist B, Manager at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi Aimee C,

Thank you for leaving us a fantastic review!

I'm sure Claire will be delighted to hear your first date went swimmingly,

Looking forward to seeing you for date 2 ;)

Best wishes,

The Botanist

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Can't fault cocktails and range of drinks. Nice atmosphere for a Wednesday night which included live music.
Food was the downfall. The popular hanging kebab (chicken) really wasn't anything special. It's seems more time is spent on appearance rather than taste.
Would I go back for drinks? For sure. Would I go back for food? No.

Date of visit: April 2018
The Botanist B, Manager at The Botanist, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Jodies1989,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review,

I'm really sorry to hear that you weren't 100% satisfied with our hanging kebabs as this is an extremely popular dish for us,

I'd be keen to hear your feedback so feel free to pop over an email to birminghamsales@thebotanist.uk.com

I hope you find it in you to give us another chance,

Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We've eaten here several times as well as just popped in for the amazing cocktails, and the food is delicious, and pretty healthy too !!! The onion petals are to die for !!! Hanging kebabs a must !!!! Live music completes the atmosphere. A great night out.

Date of visit: February 2018

Hi Dtan 226,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a knock out review - It's always a pleasure hear and will definitely feed this back to the rest of the team

Please do come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here to have a few drinks after the rigours of shopping in the Bullring. Excellent selection of beers (not so much the wines.) food looked great if a little pretentious. Maybe a little overpriced as well. Come to think of it some of the beers were pricey for 330ml can and one was served warm. Not how I like my German Helles.

Hi Flanker77,

Thank you for taking to write your review,

Always a pleasure to hear you appreciate our fine selection of Ales,

Sorry to hear your German Helles wasn't the coolest, I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to the rest of the team so we can make future improvements.

Please, feel free to shoot over an email to birminghamsales@thebotanist.uk.com if you would like to discuss your recent visit with me in further details

Nella

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very disappointing visit for food as the mains for vegetarians are the size of a starter but cost nearly £10 - and were decidedly average taste wise too. I had the aubergine ‘steak’ - one slice of about a third of one whole aubergine, very little flavour to it - and undercooked so had to send it back - on a bed of bland cous cous. My friend had finished her meal by the time it was returned to me. She had the hanging halloumi kebab. Ok but again, very small for a main. I’m putting chips in the oven as I write this as I’m absolutely starving!
Nice place for a drink and friendly service but sorry, never eating there again.

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was not up to our usual standard,

The Aubergine Steak is a new addition to our menu and to date we have had excellent reviews so would love it if you could send me over an email to birminghamsales@thebotanist.uk.com so I can look into this further and pass your feedback on to the rest of the team,

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Nella