“Wonderful Hindu restaurant moved from Stratford Rd., Sparkhill”
Review of Jyoti

Jyoti
Ranked #363 of 2,402 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: USD 33 - USD 33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I went with husband and friends on a long-overdue visit to this marvellous emporium which I have known since it was Jaaneman's on the Ladypool Rd. It has gone up market in it's location in Hall Green but the food is still excellent, the staff are still welcoming, and our party had a lovely time. It was a bit noisy and so we struggled to hear each other at times, but overall the buzz adds to the ambience of the experience. We'll be back!

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Friendly service, great selection of food that even the most ardent meat eater will find tasty

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Went one lunchtime, quiet but not too quiet.
good service and freshly prepared with a chance to try new things away from our local balti houses.

Great cassava bhajia to start with excellent apple chutney
Recommend malai kofta for mains..paneer and cashew balls in a good sauce.
Pity the cauliflower and potato curry was underspiced and in the same sauce.
But was good and will go again!!

Reviewed 29 September 2011

I rate Jyoti very highly. The food is fresh and tasty and perfectly spiced. When I lived in Brum I went every couple of weeks. It is well worth th 70 mile round trip I have to make now. I am a fussy White non-veg foodie and I recommend Jyoti to everyone. It is often hard to book a table so I am not alone.The staff are always friendly. If u want to try great Gujerat food, try Jyotis!

1  Thank Foodie99999
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Ordered 2 curries yesterday ..was a takeaway ....Both curries ... very blande,,:( lacked Indian flavour and had horrible taste.....was very disappointing..!!!,,, was expensive for the quantity they gave...!!!! Will never ever order or dine at Jyotis and also NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO EAT AT JYOTIS.. I always believe never to compromise on spending on food , but honestly Jyoti 's FOOD is a sheer WASTE OF MONEY,,,,!!!!!

5  Thank pm12