“Great bistro”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From cakes, breakfast and lunches all cooked on the premises daily
Reviewed 8 October 2018

A wide variety of meals and snacks on the breakfast menu which is served between 10 and 11:45 am. The bacon and sausage were very tasty. Great breads. Lunches start at midday followe£ by some gorgeous cakes and afternoon teas.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This is a small restaurant in converted farm buildings that house a range of shops. The menu is varied, portion sizes good and food quality and value very good.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

My wife and I ordered food at 3:15pm, they finish serving lunch at 4:00pm according to the menu.
Most unsatisfactory meals were served up to us. In particular the 'chunky chips' were more like half sections of medium sized potatoes, and were quite a long way from cooked and hot. The
Farmhouse BBQ Chicken Melt was incredibly small, and in general the meal for both my wife and myself was so different that what we had previously experienced that we are convinced the chef on the day was a beginner.
We wanted to console ourselves with a nice sweet so we went to the Ice Cream cabinet to be greeted with almost empty containers of the varied ice creams, basically the dregs of the day..NOT impressed.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

My visit was with my parents who had looked forward to a return having enjoyed eating there in the past. My father ordered an omelette and salad with chunky chips and found the the omelette to be very soggy and it did look dreadful (see photo). Zero points for presentation. The salad was not to the delicious mix he had before but purely rocket with a cut up plum tomato (mine was rocket with raw onion steeped in a vinegar). We all had the chunky chips which were actually wedges, all different sizes with the larger being undercooked and the smaller very hard. On the plus side my mother had battered cod which was very nice and I had fish cakes which in themselves were exceptional.

Another positive was the politeness and efficiency of the staff and the cleanliness of the premises.

I left feeling disappointed with most of the food and that it had marred our outing.

1  Thank B3570BBCheryl
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We visited the bistro for the first time on Father's Day. The breakfast and service were all very good and would definitely like to visit again