“Mums first time seeing sam smith”
Review of Genting Arena

Genting Arena
Ranked #40 of 318 things to do in Birmingham
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I went to see Sam smith last night at the Genting arena with my mum and dad. It was my mums first time seeing him in concert so i was very excited for her knowing how great he is live. Genting arena is always my go to venue when it comes to going to see shows as it is easy to get to and always have the greatest time there. When we went to take our seats which were in the upper section of block 15 the lady working on the stairs for block 14 and 15 could see how much my mum was struggling to get up the stairs and realised that our seats were pretty high up. She let my mum sit down with her while she explained that i could go to box office and exchange my tickets for ones lower down. This made it so much easier for my mum and made her feel at ease. I unfortunately didnt catch the lady's name but would like to give her a massive thank you for being so thoughtful and helpful. Very kind person. It just gives me even more faith in the venue knowing that we are well looked after.

Thank you so much for another incredible experience and see you again very soon for my next shows in the future.

Regards

Natalie

Top Furniture Ltd
Tel: 01889 560999
Email: natalie@topfurniture.co.uk
Untitled-1-Recovered

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"security staff"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The walk from the train was a lot longer than expected. The food on offer was limited at this venue. On the plus side, as one of few women present, there was absolutely no queue for the ladies :)

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This Arena is very easy to get to by rail. It is very well organised and from the minute the doors opened there was an excited buzz. It didn't take long to get through security and soon we were in a food/drink hall . We decided to find our seats before having a drink which was a good decision because there was another bar at the bottom of the steps which wasn't busy !!!
The seats were great as was the view of the stage. The toilets etc were very clean.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

1  Thank Claire B
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited for the good Friday show of Disney on Ice. Parked up easily, but it’s expensive at £10 per car. Shuttle bus service from car park to venue very quick.

NEC arena very spacious and good views of the show. Food and drinks ridiculously expensive.

Shuttle bus back - not enough buses for the volume of people so the majority had to walk back to the car parks in the pouring rain. If you are going to offer this service then it needs to be done right and not like this.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Arrived early because traffic not as bad as expected. Parked in East 3. Shuttle bus to venue dropped us off about 500m from venue (as close as they were prepared to go), later found out that was not the case, there was a shuttle bus stop nearer the venue but they refuse to use it when passenger volume gets high. This is not good news if your disabled or have trouble walking in any way. The venue itself is good, toilets clean, seating is better than the Manchester Arena, comfortable seats, with 'not great' leg room, but better than Manchester Arena. Merchandise is outrageously expensive £9.00 for a programme, £3.50 for a 500cl Coke, Food, forget it. Take your own. Return shuttle bus to car park, again forced drop off 250m from car, presumeably to shorten wait times for high volume passenger traffic. Overall, poor experience, Disney rip off.