2,697 results
All reviews harvey nichols mailbox car park mini bar mail box hotel bar good size hot breakfast afternoon tea standard room club room saturday night city centre bars and restaurants new street station lovely room stayed for one night full english
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on business and have to say wasn’t blown away. Nice hotel and a lovely room with nice touches. Markets itself as having a gym but it’s barely fit for purpose if you’re properly into the gym.

The service in the hotel was poor. Had to wait 10 minutes at reception as the only person there was on the phone to a guest. The menu in the restaurant promised some amazing food but the reality didn’t live up to the expectation. The service was poor and really slow. I ordered a beer after my starter and received it after I’d finished my main. Breakfast however was excellent.

In summary the hotel is really nice but the staff behave as if that is sufficient and their service doesn’t live up to the environment.

Stayed: October 2017
Damian G, Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your feedback. It's clear our service level hasn't been as either of us would expect; I hope you give us a chance in the future to show our true offering.

Very best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Stayed here for 1 night. Nice clean hotel, very modern.

Nice spacious room and very clean. Nice shower, not the best not the worst. 2 single beds were pushed together. Nice and comfortable.

Breakfast is ok. Buffet style apart from the cooked breakfast. this has to be ordered.

the only issue I has was finding the dam place. Took me just over 1hr, driving around the city centre. The hotel sign is tiny and hidden away.

To find it, basically you need to park in the Mail Box car park. £17 per night for the night of car parking. The hotel is next to Harvey Nics

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jon,

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and can only apologise for the ongoing roadworks in the city.

Very best regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I spent two nights at Malmaison Hotel in August 2017. I was impressed with my stay. Staff at reception were courteous, friendly and helpful with advice and information.

My room was spacious, very clean, quiet and comfortable.

This hotel is very centrally located and only a five minute walk from New Street Station. It is within the Mailbox Shopping Centre.

I found Malmaison to be very good value for money and I will definitely return at some point.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Damian G, General Manager at Malmaison Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had a business meeting in the conference suite. Very nice surroundings and the rooms were well laid out and supplied. Loads of tea and coffee and snacks. Could not have asked for more. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Sean,

Thanks for your review. It's always pleasing to hear our guests have had a positive experience and I hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Ok. it was £139 per night, no robe, no ipod dock for music. the bed is a standard double bed and not king size. the lighting in the room is awful, edgy looking lights that are just exposed lightbulbs.

no full length mirror had to use the one in the corridor. No free bottle of water that I could see.

the check in took ages as there was only a couple of staff on the reception. apart from that it was OK but would expect more for £139 per night.

the parking on site in the mailbox is an absolute fortune aswell, you get 15% off but for a 1 night stay that is still £18. you would expect 50% at least if you were staying in a hotel that is attached to the mailbox.

also not the hotels fault but the roadworks around the area are causing absolute havoc.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob,

Thanks for your feedback. I was sorry to see that your stay wasn't as positive as either of us would have hoped. Nevertheless I do hope you will consider using us again.

Best regards,