1,126 results
All reviews champagne bar mpw restaurant the marco pierre white restaurant top floor balcony room floor to ceiling windows car park colour scheme mail box spa facilities mini fridge complimentary water bars and restaurants modern hotel an upgrade reception staff hotel guests
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here multiple times and have real mixed feelings about the place.

Location is perfect for shoppers and theatre or concert goers. It’s a five or ten minute walk from New Street station, ( you have to go through the mailbox shopping centre). It is surrounded by multiple restaurants, especially at Brindley Place which is 5 minute walk along the canal. There is a restaurant on the top floor which is a homage to Marco Pierre White - perhaps a few too many photographs of him!!!

Very lively bar on 25th floor which can be a bit noisy on Friday or Saturday night.

Fairly standard breakfast offerings with a good selection of breads. A fantastic place for a leisurely breakfast from the vantage point if the 25th floor.

Hotel is very modern, rooms very bright and fantastic views across the city. There is free WiFi which normally works at an acceptable speed but on my last visit didn’t work at all.

Front desk welcome is very, very hit and miss, this is normally a real strength of the Indigo brand. Lifts are a mess, badly lit, slow and for the last two visits split at least two weeks apart one lift not working at all.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessica G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank for your feedback and i am glad to here that you like the hotel. Thank you for bringing a number of issues to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Jessica G
Reception Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Incredibly noisy at night, kitchen staff dragging things across the floors, until the very early hours of the morning, bedrooms are directly underneath. Spa is good. Key cards kept stopping working, only had one lift working which meant waiting all the time. Trying to be a boutique hotel and failing miserably.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Kishor T, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Hotel Indigo Birmingham.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will pass your comments to the Marco Pierre Restaurant and have the same addressed as needed.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments.

Kishor Tahiliani

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed immensely my first visit to Hotel Indigo.
Meeting rooms situated on 25th floor so great views of the city.
Food excellent, especially the full English breakfast, delicious.
Rooms spacious, beds comfortable.
Highly Recommend

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Katie R, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Mr Storer,

Firstly thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! Im pleased to hear you enjoyed the faculties on the Hotel and the use of Level 25, with the amazing views of Birmingham! Our team take great pride in delivering a great experience for our guests! Thank you once again for 5* rating and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We checked in fine and were given a voucher for a free drink in the bar upstairs as there was some entertainment on that evening. We went on to settle in to our room before going out elsewhere for the evening. Being unwell, I returned to our room 10:30/11pm and noticed the noise. The music from the bar above our room was so loud I could hear the actual lyrics in the music. I could also hear the floor creaking as if people a lot of people were dancing around up there. I phoned reception and asked what time the music was on until and I was informed music would stop at midnight and the bar closed at 1am. I said I was unhappy I wasn't pre-warned about the noisy position of the roo and the receptionist said they could see what they could do and call me back. I informed her if that involves moving rooms, it wouldn't be possible as my friend I was sharing with was still out. The receptionist said they would leave a note on my booking so I could discuss this in the morning. As it turns out, the music went on past 1am. I don't know the exact time as I was so tired and was trying my hardest to get to sleep by then. Upon check out, nothing was mentioned. I brought this matter to the attention of the receptionist who was unaware that our room was directly under the bar and therefore so noisy. After much conversation, we FINALLY got an apology. I am so disappointment about the staff not being bothered about my complaint. I was unwell and had paid a lot of money to stay in a hotel that I had assumed would be comfortable and quiet but I was completely wrong. The room we stayed in should come with a warning to say it is noisy - BEFORE booking AND during check in. I will definitely be thinking twice about booking an ING hotel in future.
I have sent the above in an email to the hotel who have *offered me 2000 reward points. I say offered as this was a few weeks ago and I still haven't received them.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Ms Rosiesarg,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions, we are looking into your feedback rest assured that these issues will be looked into, We value your comments and will take fully take onboard your feedback.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Room was in the corner at end of corridor so had excellent views. Love the rain fall shower and nice toiletries. Room service was quick and Marco Pierre White menu. Good to receive the free snacks and drinks in the mini bar. Unfortunately the WiFi only stayed connected for a few minutes the whole time I was there reception connected me to the internet provider company but I still couldn’t connect to the internet so I think this would put me off for staying again as know it isn’t the fault of the hotel but most people do need working wi fi.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Katie R, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Dazzler81,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Indigo Birmingham and rating us 5*. Im pleased to hear everything was up to your expectations and you enjoyed the faculties of the hotel, spa and Marco Pierre Whites, Im sorry to hear the WiFi wasn't connecting, I understand its apart of work im sorry about that delay for you, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,