“Great Views and Location!”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel is in a great location within walking distance of some great bars and restaurants. The hotel is very clean and staff are very helpful - could fault the stay. The roof top bar is amazing and shouldn't be missed.

Room Tip: Higher the better for a great city view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jacob-Mills,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kishor Tahiliani.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I visited the hotel whilst attending a conference at the ICC.
Situated in the Mailbox by the canal, it is very easy to access.
It is walking distance from Birmingham New Street, restaurants,bars, shops and a Tescos.
The staff are really friendly and very helpful.
On arrival the room I was given was too small for two people, so it was changed promptly including our luggage being moved whilst we attended a conference.
Staff on the desk went out of their way to show where and give directions for restaurants and bars.
Breakfast ws really filling with plenty of cold & hot options, it is served at the top of the hotel with amazing views of the city.
The bar is very expensive, 3 glasses of wine cost more than dinner in a local curry house.You are paying for the location though.
One down side was an overcharving of 6 bottles of water on my bill at checkout. I certainly had not ordered the water and there was no bill to confirm it.
This was rectified-but only after quite a lengthy discussion.
This is not the cheapest hotel in the area-but it is somewhere I enjoy staying.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mel,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

That night before getting into this hotel, I was so excited about what my room would be like. I've heard this would be the really excellent one by one of my friend. But after few moments of browsing the room, I was certain he was wrong with that. It is hard to deny that the scenery is beautiful when I look out from the window, however I noticed that there were some of the bugs inside the room. And there were lots of dead ones at the corner. So I went to the hotel counter and asked for vacuuming my room. But there were still a lot of bugs in the room. I really couldn't sleep well without thinking about that bugs, and wondering if they were in my bed. That made me sleepless so I spent all night trying to wipe out every last bugs. Really disgusting!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bella Y

Dear Bella,

I hope this notes finds well. We have sent your feedback to the housekeeping to have this addressed.

I apologize for the issues faced, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We decided to stay here whilst visiting Birmingham for our wedding anniversary.
Hotel is in a good location, with lots of bars and restaurants close by and a short walk to the main shopping areas.
We booked room only, as there are plenty of places close by to pop for breakfast and more cost effective than the hotel.
Hotel also has a nice spa, pool, jacuzzi and gym area included in the stay.
We were also offered a free glass of prosecco in the roof terrace bar after 10pm.
Rooms are a decent size for a city centre hotel.
There were a few problems in our room. The main shower head didn't work and neither did the tv.
We tried to get drinks on room service whilst getting ready for the evening, but gave up after half an hour as no drinks had arrived.
Hotel is also one floor down from rooftop bar, which had loud music until around midnight.

We mentioned the issues we had on check out. The hotel manager was apologetic and e mailed later the day saying they had investigated and refunded 20 per cent of the cost.

Overall this experience wouldn't put me off using hotel indigo again, but couldn't recommend on the basis of this stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay.

I apologise for various issues faced during yous stay with us . Please be assured we will address them as needed to rectify the same.

I do hope we will have have a chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed for one night while collecting a relative for a trip and would definitely stay again, as it offers great service, facilities, location and value.
Firstly, the hotel is a stone's throw from Birmingham New Street railway station but I couldn't initially find it. You need to go through The Mailbox, up the escalators, past the plethora of restaurants and over the canal bridge and The Cube, home of Hotel Indigo, is directly ahead. Reception at '6th floor' is right there.
Rooms are on floors 23 and 24. Mine was an ordinary room. Perfectly clean, modern and lovely - and spacious - but a touch cold and sterile compared to other Hotel Indigos.
There was a gown and slippers, as standard.
The minibar contained complimentary soft drinks and snacks, very welcome, of course,, but, unlike other Hotel Indigos, not wine or beer, so be aware of this if you have stayed in others.
The advertised Sky Sport 2 channel (cricket) wasn't available, when I'd planned to spend the afternoon watching cricket. In addition, the remote control batteries had run out, meaning the TV was deafening and couldn't be turned down.
The former was easily rectified by housekeeping.
I headed down to use the spa (5th floor, free to hotel guests during checked-in times) and returned to my room to a really lovely, hand-written note from the hotel managers, apologising for the lack of cricket, containing some ideas for where, in the locality, I could watch it and including a voucher for a glass of wine by recompense. This was a touch above and really lovely.
The spa was nice: decent size pool, sauna and steam room.
There are plenty of lockers and the showers and hair dryers are of a standard you'd find in a local gym. Unfortunately most of the dozen or so loungers by the pool had towels on them. It is open to the public.
Although I didn't have a treatment, that area seemed very large and welcoming and (for those who forget items) had a good range of Elemis shampoos and skincare products.
As an addition to the hotel, the spa was a lovely feature.
On a sunny Friday evening, the open-air, rooftop bar (25th floor), looking back into the city, was a great feature. Despite there being graduation and hen parties, there was plenty of seating.
The 300 degree views across and beyond the city from the adjacent Marco Pierre White restaurant were incredible.
Twice during my stay the lift (operated by keycard because you travel from 5/6 to 23/24/25) stopped at my floor but didn't open, causing me me to go down and up again. This might be disconcerting if you didn't like lifts. I couldn't get back to my floor after breakfast, for example, as my keycard had somehow expired, necessitating a trip reception. Again, the very lovely staff sorted it out, but it was a niggle.
Finally, breakfast was added to my bill twice, I noted when I read my bill on the Tv screen. It was amended within minutes after I rang reception.
And what a breakfast: at just after 7am I had the 25th floor to myself and enjoyed great coffee and buffet with the aforementioned superb views.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jothegiraffe

Dear Jothegirrafe,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our hotel location to your liking.

I am pleased to hear the team were able to resolve the issues faced during your stay to your satisfaction. I can see overall you had a pleasant stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.