6,048 results
All reviews the executive lounge huge hotel courtesy bus busy hotel genting arena leisure facilities visiting the nec convention concert motorway
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed here for a concert, and it was a good choice. It only took me 15mins to get off the train, walk to the hotel, check in, and get to my room. It was only about a 5-10 minute walk to the arena.
Room service was quick, and the lady who brought it to my room was very polite. There was a pool in the hotel, which I didn't get to try out, but my parents love it.
It's a quiet hotel, it just depends on your neighbours. I had a connecting room door, and I could hear every single bit of my neighbours phone call. When I was leaving in the morning around 9.00am, check in was busy! so be prepared if you are planning on getting their early. I imagine that happens often with it being very close to the airport.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Patrick S, General Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear survivorGirl

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We're glad you felt the hotel was a good choice for your purposes and that you were pleased with your in room dining experience.

We hope we see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Check in was rubbish! Gold member yet nothing given, it’s a empty hotel!!

Stayed here first week of jan room was disgusting bathroom requires some bleach, there is no excuse for mould.

Room was freezing ran the heating on 24 degree still cold!

The room itself is a time warp from days long gone! Very very disappointed. Every few months I stay here in the hopes that things have improved. They really have NOT - silly me. This hotel is closer for my work however I avoid this place and usually stay at the Double tree Ricoh sometimes the Hampton North Birmingham (rooms are cheaper & cleaner). The other hotels are a further drive for me to get to work.

Ordered food at the bar had to chase and ask for my food. A nice lady brought it out waited over 1/2 an hour. It was not even busy. Guy that took my order should work elsewhere if money paid is not good enough for him. Ended up eating at Nandos 10 mins away the following nights..

I was staying 3 nights

Breakfast was good as was the breakfast staff.

My company pays for my hotel & meals on check the lady who checked me out was unable to explain what my charges were for as I need to itemise expenses. Ended up leaving in frustration - actually have a job to go to can’t spend over 15 mins plus just for check out. Luckily someone must have had a look at my bill and emailed me the correct charges itemised. It’s really not rocket science.

I am truly shocked that they are able to have Hilton on the door and sell such rooms. I stay at many hotels this one shocks me almost every time NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank AC_manchester

Dear AC_manchester

Thank you for your review.

We were very sorry to learn of your disappointment and would advise that this is certainly not the usual standard that prevails at our hotel.

We would always be happy to offer a room move, availability permitting, if there are any issues that we are made aware of and that are unable to be immediately rectified. We do however apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you again for your feedback and again our sincere apologies for failing to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Attended this hotel overnight stay last minute as attending concert at nearby Genting Arena. Twin room booked on arrival asked if any doubles available there were none, not a problem , check in was swift, now to the room- very dated, dusty, Apple peelings on carpet, windows/patio doors covered in dirty fingerprints and all greasy, bed linen was threadbare, tiny holes in sheets and my duvet cover on my single bed was all frayed. Chair in room by dressing table not only worn but had a chunk out of the corner of seat pad down to reveal the foam stuffing very grubby! First impressions of this hotel foyer you’d expect better from rooms, glad we weren’t in it for long and insects weird looking orange things flying in and out of the air con vent. We were less than impressed and the 2 single beds were like large children’s cots! Big wooden base frame on wheels moved every time you turned over and not the comfiest, as a result didn’t get any sleep and very disappointed, I’d avoid staying here again unless the rooms were to be not only cleaned properly but modernised. Location to genting excellent but also very pricey £8.40 for 2 lattes! This is Birmingham not London! For a Hilton brand it’s not up to scratch, hopefully won’t return!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lesley

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your visit.

Your experience is certainly not reflective of the experience our guests usually have when they stay. Please accept our apologies for the shortcomings you encountered on this occasion, which are most unusual and have been passed to the team for investigation.

We do hope you will not judge us solely on this experience and allow us to demonstrate our usual high standards on a future occasion.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the hotel for a work conference and got completely lost! I stumbled upon a maid (tasmin) and asked for help. Turns out I was the complete wrong side of the hotel! We had a laugh about it then she offered to walk me to my room! She chatty the whole time! She’s a credit to the hotel! You need more people like her!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please be assured your kind words will be shared with Tasmin.

We hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Well a mess from the word go !
Booked room few weeks ago for trip to Birmingham for a show drove for 3 hours to get to the the hotel to be told I didn’t have a booking ?? There was no signs of it anywhere so they gave me a basic room costing more then I paid on my last booking that was lost, despite me being a gold member and my friend who I was with being a diamond member we had no upgrade or didn’t even have access to executive room until I questioned it, got to the (in need of update) room to chill for a hour before going out had 3 phone phone calls when picked up no answer then got in around 11.30 pm got to sleep to get several more calls of no answer then someone trying to get into our room then very noisy corridors despite being in the quiet area called reception no answer housekeeping no answer , ended up sleepless night ! Checked out and complained and guy wasn’t interested one little bit next day I complained again to a email that still not really that interested so all and all not very happy with this Hilton Hotel !

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Tracy F

Dear Tracy

Thank you for your feedback following your stay.

We were sorry that you experienced confusion regarding your booking. It is unclear from your review how your booking had been made - online or via a third party agent or via the Hilton Central Reservation team. When a booking is made via Hilton, a confirmation email is sent to verify all details.

We regret the disturbances you had from unwanted telephone calls and this feedback has bee shared with the relevant team for further investigation.

We do hope you will consider visiting us again at some point.