“Enjoyable experience ”
Review of Carters of Moseley

Carters of Moseley
Reserve with OpenTable
Carters of Moseley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,475 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: USD 29 - USD 131
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Independently owned and managed, Carters of Moseley in Birmingham, is the epitome of a modern British restaurant and a celebration of the amazing produce that’s available from around our country.Our focus is on classic creations with a modern twist. Great Britain offers some of finest ingredients to be found anywhere – from Scottish beef to Cornish fish. We source all our vegetables as locally as possible and our fruit from the counties around us.As soon as you walk through the door and see our wall of fine wines and our kitchen open to view, you will feel the ambiance.We have created visual theatre throughout the restaurant which combined with our modern, British, seasonal and local menus offers something to please even the most jaded of palates.At Carters we’re proud to be British. We’re also passionate about food, and with every service proprietor managed, our aim is to please you – and then welcome you back time and time again.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for the first time after being given a voucher as a present which contributed towards the cost.
We had the 8 course tasting menu and a bottle of wine.
Each course was beautifully cooked, presented and explained.
It was lovely to try some new foods and it felt like a real treat to do something different.
The venue for lovely and staff friendly.
It did turn into an expensive evening so probably something we would do again, but glad we had the experience. Definitely something to experience if you want to try new foods, but be prepared for the bill!

1  Thank Angela H

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I’ll keep this fairly short. We’d looked forward to this for months. The staff are certainly 10/10. For my partner the food (8 course taster) is an 8.5/10. For me, disappointment. 6.5 at the most. Tiny, tiny potions. We genuinely had to visit the nearest chippie afterwards. We’ll give it another go I’m sure but having tried Purnells and Tom Kitchin I feel very short changed. No ‘wow’ moment for me given the price.

4  Thank John P
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We had the most amazing time at Carters. From the moment we arrived the staff were so welcoming and attentive. We had the 8 course tasting menu and I had the wine pairing. What an experience. Each course was exquisite and came with an explanation of where the ingredients were sourced in the U.K. With each course came the accompanying wine along with where it came from and how it was produced. The staff are so knowledgeable and are happy to answer any questions you may have. The whole experience was truly wonderful. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Gaff_11
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Or is the idea of a 'tasting menu' costing upwards of £65 per person, that leaves you still hungry afterwards, getting a little bit overplayed?
Admittedly the food here is superb, the attention to detail, the attentive and knowledgeable staff and friendly atmosphere is wonderful. BUT I still feel that at least one of the courses should be of a size that saves you having to look for a 'chippy' on the way home!
I'm not a greedy person by any means, and my wife found the meal to be adequate for her needs, but I found the 6 course tasting menu to be somewhat lacking in quantity, but certainly NOT in quality.
The whole dining experience was great, if a little pretentious for my liking. The wines and coffee were amazing.
It's probably my inner Yorkshireman that makes me feel I should feel 'well fed' after a meal as well as nicely entertained.

5  Thank Bobskie
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Having been to Purnells, Simpsons and Adams, Carters was the last on our list before moving back out of the city and it did not disappoint! The service was faultless, friendly and genuine! The food was incredible, so many new and exciting flavour combinations which when your husband is a chef is difficult to come by! The duck absolutely blew us away, I have never had duck that tasty and immensely well cooked before it left me wanting more! The smells, tastes and textures made it an all round great experience for the senses and I would recommend to anyone that appreciates quality produce cooked to the highest standard!
P.s If you like coffee try one after the meal, the process of making the coffee and the story telling is not to be missed!