See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews on here I didn’t expect much, stayed this Saturday just gone as it was the cheapest hotel near to the concert me and my son was attending. Nice surprise to how big and clean the room was we had booked a twin room and it was nice and spacious. Another surprise was the helpful lady on the bar in the middle of the night that served me a night cap and sorted my directions and train times for the next morning without any hesitation it’s always nice when the staff go that extra mile shame the receptionist in the morning couldn’t put a smile on her face but there was a very helpful and chatty gentlemen with her. Didn’t stay for breakfast so can’t comment there but we will def be back again next time we are In Birmingham. Apollo Hotel you was great.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Room was spacious and comfortable. They could possibly do with getting new windows because the noise from outside was quite bad. In general though it was an enjoyable stay in a good location for a reasonable price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

First impression, was like a block of flats, not attractive at all. Our first room was ok, not the cleanest though, my husband dropped his shirt on the floor against the skirting board and it was covered in dust when he picked it up. Grubby chair in the corner that we didn't want to put any of our things on. Bathroom very old and basic and again, not clean. The basin was so small we struggled to wash our hands and the taps move as you try to turn them off and they dripped too. Went to take a shower before the gig but was not only a dribble but scalding. We tried between us for about 20 minutes to turn the temperature down but in the end called reception. After a member of staff attempted the same thing to no avail, we were moved to another room so had to dress and pack all of our belongings, which was by now getting late to get to the gig, so very stressed! When we tried the shower in the next room, it was a ridiculous trickle, would have been more effective to stand out in the rain! Hugely unimpressed with the Apollo and would not recommend to anyone. Not cheap either!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Usually stop over the road but tried here for a change.
Paid extra for a "premium room", but it was a basic hotel room. Wonder what the basic rooms are like. Nice receptionist on arrival.
Most of hotel needs a good update as it looks tired and dated.
Won't come here again will go back to the one I usually go to.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2017

First impression.. dreadful ..had to move room as 1st room dirty , 2nd room ok but very noisy in the evening ,woken up at 5 in the morning by loud music, laughing & shouting . Had to call reception twice but it still carried on . Friends had to change room 4 times , 1st dirty 2 nd no hot water 3rd pipe on toilet leaking then broke & flooded bathroom . 4th had to make do as tired . Manager asked me to delete photos I had taken . No apology whatsoever .

Stayed: October 2017