See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stayed for 1 night on my own and it felt a bit creepy going up stairs and down long corridors in the accommodation block, I'm not normally nervous. It's a funny place, a bit Bates Motel, I was waiting for the tumbleweed to blow through. The public areas are tatty especially the corridors which are really grubby. The room itself was clean and functional and the breakfast was not bad but I wouldn't stay here again, I'd rather pay a bit more and get something which felt better.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Not like a hotel but a block of social welfare flats. Room basic but clean but that's the only positive comment I can make. I didn't feel safe. A lot going on outside rooms during the night and around 4 am boom box music started and was horrific. So noisy, so loud and the bass could be felt. No phone in the room and too scared to go out and over to reception to complain. When I mentioned it the next morning there was a lack of concern. The £100 deposit was a surprise too. A really inhospitable receptionist didn't do much for customer relations either. I'd avoid it even though it was cheap. Not worth the hassle

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Excellent value for money good location twin room good decor shower breakfast included on main road but no noise car parking good had a better quality room no extra cost friendly efficient staff good will stay again

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The Apollo is a reasonable hotel : certainly more than adequate for a few nights stay.
Room was clean and quiet, and I had a good night's sleep.
Marks off for unexpected £100 refundable deposit to be left in case of damage - I don't mind being warned that this would be taken, but on the day to ask for this isn't really on. Also customer service was functional rather than friendly.
Overall though, it does the essentials OK, and I'd return. At least I know now they want £100 deposit!....

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cheesewineandgrapes
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Came to Birmingham for a competition and all the hotels in the centre were booked up. This hotel is fine if all you are doing is sleeping its not a 5 star hotel but beds are clean and comfy. Could do with some tlc but when you are only staying one night it doesn't matter.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business