See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Stayed for one night and that was too much. First room we were given was filthy. Rooms very dated and in desperate need of updating.
We were given another room nearer to reception so we could have a chance of receiving WiFi. This room was apparently refurbished well it was clean anyway.
Wifi isnt available in rooms as stated in advert.
If you like sleeping on a slab of concrete then these are the beds for you. So hard and very uncomfortable. No mattress protectors used and no quilts. Just one very well used blanket a sheet and a patchwork quilt....well the first room was exactly that it had been repaired with patches.
The receptionist had obviously not had any training in how to welcome guests ect...dead miserable.
The only other member of staff we came into contact with was the only person on duty in the dining room at breakfast she was very pleasant. No breakfast buffet as stated in advert.
Its just a very run down old blocks of flats in need of urgent refurb . very noisy too.

Room Tip: Dont go there !!
4  Thank alexhants
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Stayed in the Apollo hotel, this weekend (The 16th April). Stayed in room 212 (don't stay in that room)

There are some positives to this hotel, there is free car parking and the hotel is in a good location, also the shower worked and was hot.

However, the negatives outweigh the positives. The room was dark with not all the lights working, the bed was the worst bed I have ever slept in it has springs sticking out everywhere. It was like the ones you find in a student house except worse! Also we were woken up at 4am by a group of screaming girls it seemed reception (which was below our room) did nothing about this. The bedding consisted of a sheet a blanket and a cover, both the cover and the blanket clearly hadn't been washed and the blanket was covered in hair.

The breakfast the next morning was okay, although the staff were rushed off their feet,with everything running out constantly.

I have stayed in a lot of budget hotels recently but this has to be one of the worst!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pageygal
Reviewed 18 April 2011

When we arrived at the hotel, we wondered if we had inadvertently wandered onto a housing estate!

The reception was not at the front of the hotel but hidden around the back. Having been ignored by the male behind the desk, we were eventually checked in - though he did not know what to do as we presented him with an Ebay voucher.

To be honest, when you go to this hotel, it feels like you have moved into a rather poor block of flats. The front doors open directly onto a pretty grotty balcony walkway, and they have letterboxes. As two females, we felt quite intimidated and unsafe because of the constant noise and shouting etc....

As there are also buildings opposite with parking in the middle, the whole area is extremely noisy. With various parties arriving during the night, the noise was unbearable - at one point a minibus full of shouting people was outside for about 30mins and this was at 2am! We simply could not sleep.

The refurbished room was dingy and too small. It was also cold. Satellite TV is a bit of a joke as we couldn't get a decent reception on the extremely small television set provided.

The staff are lovely, but really inept. Breakfast was chaotic though the food itself was very nice and there seemed to be plenty of it. Unfortunately, the advertised room service does not exist - we were informed the chef had not arrived yet!

Having experienced the lack of quality of this hotel, we simply would not return and neither would we recommend it. Keep driving !!

2  Thank suebj2004
Reviewed 12 April 2011

we stayed in a twin room which was a good size for two people. beds were comfortable with clean cotton sheets, t v was a little small for the size of the room with only a sellected few chanels. bathroom was very clean but smelt unpleasent as extractor fan did not work. i found it a little noisy during the night due to guest late arrivels and road noise but it was not unduly bad. breakfast was a full english which was included in the price of our room and was very nice.all the staff were pleasent and helpfull. on the whole i would stay at the Apollo hotel if i ever have need to stay in that area again . and i would recomend it to my friends. get 2 keys if one of you is a smoker as the room key is needed to work the electric, but is also needed to open security doors to get back into hotel area

Room Tip: get 2 keys to work electric & outside doors
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I admit I was slightly worried having read all the reviews on here before my stay at the Apollo.
However I was pleasently suprised, I was very nicely greeted by a young lady on the desk.
I had booked a double standard room with breakfast included, the young lady informed me that the hotel was undergoing a refurb and she offered me one of the new rooms to try.
I was very happy with this little bonus, Check in was quick and efficient.
I stayed in room 125 which is a stone throw away from the reception, brilliant when your carrying your bags, (Which I was offered help with).
The room was light and fresh and very stylish.
The breakfast is fantastic, there is a choice of contiental or full english, I had a little of both.
Food cooked very well, perfect to set you up for the day.
All in all, I would say my stay at the apollo was very comfortable and I will be booking again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business