“Santa had a great Santa Sunday.”
Review of Westmead Hotel

Westmead Hotel
Ranked #50 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Hi Ben,
When I arrived at the new look Westmead Hotel I had a great experience.
The new frontage to the hotel looks great and new moden look insite, in the bar area there is a real pizza over burningin logs that gives it the WOW facture, Blackes Restaurant & the function room have also be remodenised with a new look.
Before I left I desided to try a pizza I was not disapointed great 14" pizza.
See you next Sunday. Santa.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel at weekend i.e. "Party or wedding nights".
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear John G

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the modernised environment of the Blake's, Function room and the Wood Fired Pizza.
Your comments are appreciated as someone who has known the hotel over 30 years.
We are receiving compliments on the design and decor , and Pizzas are a hit with the locals.
We look forward to your next visit.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the westmead hotel in Birmingham for two nights. The whole hotel stank of sewage. Human effluent was rising up from the carpet on the ground floor. I witnessed staff walking through the filth and going directly into the kitchen. As you can imagine I lost my appetite. When I complained I was laughed at and basically sent on my way. Dog kennels smell better this hotel. We won’t be staying at the westmead again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear Bobbydazzler46

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
We are naturally saddened by your overall review, given all that we did our utmost to react swiftly to the collapsed drain problem that we did not envisage. We engaged with professional Companies to quickly remedy the situation . We had hoped that you would have spoken to myself as we would have been most appreciative of your thoughts. All guest feedback is welcomed as you know and we are especially proud of the many wonderful compliments we receive each day from our guests. Perhaps in the future there will be an opportunity for us to once again restore your faith in the Westmead Hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Normally I wouldn't choose comforting food like a Shepard's pie when eating out as its something I can cook at home but on this occasion I did and boy am I glad I did the mint sauce was just perfection and the hotel is a great location for a wedding its going on the list!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah H
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Sarah H

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Blake's experience. We were delighted to read you enjoyed your dining experience and will certainly share your compliments with the team. Thank you again for your wonderful review, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Westmead soon.
Please contact me when you are planning your wedding reception ,it will be pleasure to look after yourselves.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last night. Had a very pleasant stay. For a 3-star hotel; this hotel is great. Better than some 4-star hotels I've stayed in. Would stay again.

They put on a good party for us and breakfast was great this morning. I was in a twin room and it was a decent size. Bathroom good size aswell. There is a safe as well. Quiet hotel and in nice grounds. Loads of parking. Rooms are away from Reception and party areas.

Only recommendation I would have is larger mugs for breakfast. Good size mugs in room but went to breakfast and they were half the size.

Would definitely stay again! :)

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica O
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Jessica O
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Westmead. It is always such a pleasure to read about our customer's experiences, and we are delighted that you were able to stay with us, and rated your stay so highly. And that you had a great party !

Thank you for your comments regarding the breakfast served and your room comforts ; we do have a wide variety of different rooms types and configurations, and always want to make our guests feel the most comfortable. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations . We have noted your thoughts on the breakfast mug size and thank you for your observations.

We really do aim to deliver an exceptional level of service to our guests, and are delighted to hear you speak so highly of facilities and location. I do hope you will return for another Westmead experience very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Made welcome at reception who confirmed we could cancel a night if necessary. Allocated a nice room at back of hotel, very spacious, large bed (2 singles together) and duvet did not fit width.
Very comfortable, but difficult to control heat level as dial only had numbers not temperature.
Bathroom quite big, extraction poor and shower glass panel leaked causing big puddle on floor.
Did not eat here as breakfast and meals seemed expensive.
Had a drink in the bar background music was quite loud.
Wedding on Saturday night was noisy in reception area but quiet in bedroom.
Hotel convenient for Orthopaedic Hospital (4mls) and Cadbury World

Room Tip: back of hotel quieter but further to walk
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ben P, Owner at Westmead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Michael N ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay at The Westmead . We are so sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet all your expectations .

As you may be aware, one of the unique features of The Westmead is that we have a variety of guest rooms and suites , with differing layouts and sizes. We are so sorry that you were not able to regulate the temperature in the room that was allocated for you and please understand that we would have been more than happy to look at an alternative room for you whilst you were staying with us, as we want you to be as comfortable as possible during your stay. On any future occasion, may I recommend that you contact our own in-house reservations team directly, as their knowledge of all our rooms and suites will be of benefit in terms of selecting a room that offers all the features and facilities that you would hope to have.
I have tasked maintenance to check all shower screens for leakages . I do appreciate your compliments on the comfort of our beds , and our unique location close to Royal Orthopaedic Hospital as well the world famous Cadburys World attraction .

We do hope that despite your disappointment, we may have another opportunity to welcome you back to The Westmead, in order that we can deliver to you a more memorable experience.

With kindest regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hallmark Hotel Birmingham Strathallan
The Eaton Hotel
#12 of 118 in Birmingham
Ladywood
Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North

Been to Westmead Hotel? Share your experiences!