“Superb waitress & great drinks menu update!!”
Review of Akbars

Akbars
Ranked #494 of 2,537 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Edgbaston
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came back a year later after many visits to Akbar's as we love their Masala Fish dish and the Family Naan and we had such an amazing service from a girl on Wednesday evening. Surprisingly and as a very positive thing we'd find out they've got new drinks menu with lots of new options in wines, so they do now mocktails&cocktails very nice and price is good. We had a bottle of a fruity rose wine which we did enjoy a lot with our meal, we had as usual our starter ''Masala fish' which was as usual delicious, well cooked and flavoured, as a main course we did have Rosh lamb (they made it mild as they could and saucy as we love to dip in the Naan which is extraordinary) and we give a try to a new dish mix kebab but we couldn't eat it how hot it was, it looks really nice from the outside but suddenly we just could eat the pakora (no complaint about it as we did not ask if it was an spicy-hot option). Over all everything was very good as usual.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank rociof372
Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I was really impressed with the quality of the food and service here. Excellent tasting Indian food, quick service levels and very reasonable in price!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Annabel P
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We went with our grown up children as they all like a curry: however I don’t like spicy food ; I called first & they said they could make me something plain ,,,, so we got there & ordered ; I asked for sea bass with no sauce or rice ; plain with salad ; def no rice has I hate it ; didn’t think that was too difficult, when our meal arrived my fish was swimming in a white sauce with rice & cold ,, waiter was nice but wasn’t interested in my meal , so maybe I will not be paying a second visit ; my husband enjoyed his curry

1  Thank louiseconnop
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went here on march 2018 with friends for a leaving party. 7 of us shared 4 curries 2 naans and 2 rice. It was more than enough. Very tasty food. We being served by ZIA and Rehal, professional waiters and good knowledge of food. Thank you very much guys. Enjoyed a lot and recommended. Thanks.

1  Thank kalana363
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

You must try very nice atmosphere this is the first time I've been hear and surely won't be the last

1  Thank Ashraf K