All reviews high street old building sash windows car park family room bunk beds limited parking full english breakfast lovely hotel double room few minutes walk town centre pleasant stay weekend break market square saturday night great weekend
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel for its great location close to the centre of Warwick and just a stones throw from the castle.

The staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful, but the building just lacked atmosphere and was pretty deserted most of the time.

If it weren’t for the functions taking place over the weekend it would have been like the Marie Celeste.

A real shame considering it’s location to all the amenities.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Fabulous hotel just a few minutes walk from the castle! Beautiful old building. Bathroom very small and water pressure not great! Not luxurious but very good for price. Breakfast - plenty of choice - all self service. Staff very friendly and helpful. Car park is small but we managed to get a space.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Right in the centre of the town and walking distance of Warwick Castle. This is an old hotel and with plenty of character. Which does mean creaky and slopping floors. The hotel is nice and it’s own car park at the rear. Which is welcomed in middle of the town.

All the staff were very welcoming, well mannered and extremely helpful.

Breakfast typical buffet but baked beans had dried out more like mushy peas everything else was lovely.

There was a slight view of Warwick castle from my bedroom.

A slight Down side possibly for single travellers. I normally book a full size double room as I like the extra space.

The double room for single use room 39, was clearly a room for single use. It had a small double bed. The bathroom was petite yet functional but you had to sit on toilet sideways on, as sink in the way. You wouldn’t want this room if largely built.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank T5NYW
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I expected old which was fine but I didn’t expect all character to have been ripped out of the rooms. Such a shame.
Our room was out back with cheap wooden blinds in the bedroom but no curtains, therefore it would not be completely dark.
Noisy fan outside kicked in every 30 mins or so.
Cheap Travelodge style wardrobes. Cobwebs in corners.
A Tuck shop style basket with costly goodies for sale; small wine bottle, can of gin and tonic and snacks. They forgot about the glasses though. Perhaps you have to use the glasses in the bathroom.
Over complicated lighting system, style over substance.
Bathroom had no blind at all. Mismatched tiles and in need of finishing.
As old building all floors very creaky.
Breakfast was ok, but all self service. Poor help yourself coffee.
Really not worth £120 per night. Premier Inn would be better.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I was relocated to the Warwick Arms on business after being horribly let down by a national chain. The staff here filled in all the blanks. I was struggling to find the location so called the hotel. The conversation I had on the phone initially confused me as it was like chatting with a friend (and it took me some time to adjust after the wearysom disrespectful tone of previous hotel reception conversations). Once I had located the hotel I was pleasantly Impressed. It is a truly handsome historic building and this should be appreciated. Floors undulate and creak, windows are sash style, and corridors are long and winding. For me this was a refreshing change and I enjoyed it immensely. Ok the windows are not double glazed but you should not expect it in this type of building. Downside is it is difficult to avoid the clatter and chatter from the garage storage units in the courtyard as the tenants appear to disregard the hotel but this is a small price to pay. Parking is available but you need to be a confident Parker! Beds are comfortable and clean. My breakfast was served by a member of the team that appeared genuinely interested in what she was doing, and the reception staff were very approachable. In fact we enjoyed a relaxed friendly chat about my work. This is a clear USP for this hotel. After spending a lot of time in chain accommodation recently to have such interaction with the people in the hotel was refreshing. If you want a multi storey stack of hutches all the same then perhaps you should stick with those chains but if you would prefer a warmer experience I recommend the Warwick Arms Hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business