I visited Warwick Castle 20 odd years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, so wanted to come back with my 5 year old over the Easter holidays.
Very disappointing for so many reasons:
1. Admission too expensive for what you get. You have to pay £6 extra for parking and pay extra for different activities within the park i.e Archery.
2. Car park is a long way from the entrance. We turned up just gone 11am and were instructed to park in the furthest field near some sheep. I'm almost 6 months pregnant with a 5 year old....we didn't enjoy the excessive long walk to get in. In hindsight we should have parked in the town or local streets, it would have been much closer (and cheaper!). We also had to queue for the car parking token, which i was hoping to avoid having pre order my tickets online...20mins i won't get back.
3. Veggie food selection was awful and staff at the burger van refused to do my son a veggie burger as a kids meal...even though there was no veggie options for children. Great customer service. My advise - take a picnic (i just didn't want to carry loads of things).
4. No where to sit after queueing for 40 mins to get our food.
5. Children's play area was closed. No idea why, it was a lovely day.
6. Not enough to do for a 5 year old and for a pregnant person.
7. Website was playing up when i attempted to order combination tickets. Had a live chat with someone and they took ages to look into it and then said yes there is a problem please try later. Suffice to say trying later and the next day it still didn't work and there was no other way to book i.e over the phone. In the end i had to use works corporate scheme to get my tickets.
My son said "this is the worst castle ever". Enough said really. We went to some castles on Jersey last year. More authentic, cheaper (no hidden costs either), veggie food options and generally a much better experience.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.