“Our home from home”
other travellers have booked this property
Town centre period cottage with a secluded south facing garden
Comfortable living room with real fire Double bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Town centre period cottage with a secluded south facing garden
Comfortable living room with real fire
Double bedroom
King size bedroom
Stairgate high chair and travel cot available
Luxury bathroom with roll top bath and walk in shower
French door to fully enclosed garden
Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine
Dining room
Living room with wifi, digital TV and DVD player
Fully enclosed garden
Newly fitted kitchen with all mod cons
Separate dining room with feature fireplace
Recently modernised to a high standard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sahrae C
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Our home from home”
Reviewed 20 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This was our second stay at this wonderful cottage, having stayed last summer for a week we came straight home and rebooked for a weekend stay to celebrate my husbands birthday.
Having had such a wonderful stay last summer I will admit to being a tad apprehensive about a winter break, but I need not have been. This cottage is a real home from home, never have I enjoyed staying anywhere as much as I love staying here, you don't feel as though it's a holiday home rented out to others, but from the moment you arrive it feels like your own house. It has all the home comforts you would expect and as it has an open fire in the lounge, we had the added enjoyment of a roaring fire on the chilly evenings!
Plus we also had the added bonus of meeting Andy the manager of this property ( he had been away on his own holidays on our last visit) he is both extremely friendly and helpful and only lives a couple of doors away, so should you have the need of any help he is right there, which I am sure some travelers would find extremely helpful ( especially if you are traveling alone)
As I stated in my last review you could not have a better located property, you are within a two minute walk from the town centre and all facilities, we didn't need to use our car so once we arrived our car stayed parked outside the cottage.
Anyone that books this cottage at any time of year really will not be disappointed, and I will be rebooking for a week this summer.

22 Mar 2017
Thanks for the lovely review, you are welcome back anytime.
Verena S
Bern, Switzerland
“Wonderful cottage in great town”
Reviewed 19 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I enjoyed my stay in this cottage. It has a wonderful ornamental fireplace in the dining area, appealing pictures on the walls, well stocked kitchen and I liked the seaside decorations in the bathroom. Moreover, there is a nice outdoor space, belonging to the cottage, with table and chairs. Now in March it was too cold to use that, but in summer using it will give an added pleasure to the cottage.

On foot the cottage is about 5 minutes away from Shakespeare’s birthplace and about 10 minutes from the Royal Shakespeare Theatre - and a Marks and Spencer as well as a Sainsbury’s are situated in between the two, convenient for buying provisions on the way back.
The cottage is nevertheless situated in a very quiet neighbourhood. For a change I was able to sleep without the earplugs, which I have to use at home.
I had a very happy holiday.

22 Mar 2017
Thanks for the lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your time in our UK home.
mwilson19...
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Cosy cottage”
Reviewed 19 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Booked with girlfriend for a long weekend. Cottage is cosy, comfortable and clean, nicely decorated in neutral colours and is ideally situated for walking into town for shopping, eating, theatre etc. Parking can be tricky but so far have been lucky and a residents parking permit is provided. Thoughtful provision of guests needs both in comfort and information.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nicely appointed inside and out
Liked least: Size of the bath towels
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
20 Nov 2016
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we will see you back again.
Sahrae C
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Truly stunning!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We only arrived today but I really feel I need to tell you all what a true gem this cottage is, I would normally wait until I get back home before adding my review but as I feel so at home in this cottage I may not leave!
Right from my first contact with the owners( Alex, Dawn and Bob the dog ) to ask if we could bring our three little dogs, I had a really nice feeling about my booking. I was messaged straight back confirming that as they are all small, well behaved pups we could book and have received a few emails since booking from them giving us lots of information about our stay and even directions.
We drove from Southampton which took around 2 hours and finding the cottage couldn't have been easier, our key was in the lockbox and from the moment we walked through the door we felt so at home, we were left tea coffe sugar and a fresh pint of milk in the fridge, plus a packet of lovely cookies! To say the cottage was nice and clean would be an insult as its spotless, I never really trust the photos as we all know they are often very deceiving but the photos of this cottage do not do it justice.
You walk straight into the lounge which is very tastefully decorated, an open fireplace ( just for show I think ) there are two comfortable armchairs and a two seater sofa, an oak sideboard and matching coffee table a television and a dvdplayer, the flooring is marble tiles right through downstairs. From the lounge you go into the dining room which leads to the brand new fitted kitchen, that has a dishwasher and a washing machine. the dining room has an oak dining table with 4 leather chairs and an oak sideboard with a stereo player, and another beautiful old fireplace. A patio door leads out to the garden which has a very nice patio set and is completely enclosed and safe for both children and/or pets.
Upstairs are two good sized bedrooms, and a bathroom to die for that has a double walk in shower a beautiful roll top large bath, and for the ladies that like to a good mirror then this ones for you, touch the side and it lights up.
This cottage could not be better situated as it is just a few minutes walk to everything, although we have only walked into the town centre once as we have only just arrived.
There are just too many little extras that are not listed by the owner to mention, but believe me if you book this cottage you really will not be disappointed as this is truly one of the best rentals we have ever booked.

Thank you Alex, Dawn and Bob the dog for letting us stay in your beautiful cottage we just fell in love with it from the moment we walked in

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
23 Jul 2016
Thank you for the lovely review, we are glad you love the cottage and hope you have a lovely stay.
Jillian D
“Perfect location, beautiful property”
Reviewed 4 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This property was in a perfect position, close to the town centre with all its attractions and restaurants yet close to the canal path and all the countryside walks it provided.

The cottage was well maintained and had just the right amount of comfort and equipment for a week long holiday with an 8 year old and two well behaved dogs.

The owner was honest about the parking difficulties everyone faces when visiting Stratford and a car parking permit was provided. We were fortunate to bag a spot at the side of the house and left the car there all week. We used local taxis and buses to get out of town, finding this a cost effective means of travel since we would have had to pay for parking anyway. Instead this added to the enjoyment of the holiday as we walked back from Mary Arden and Anne Hathaway's cottage which was worth doing. We got a bus into Warwick to visit the castle and this took us on a route which introduced us to countryside that we would not have seen otherwise.

Back to the cottage; the garden is a sun trap, the beds comfortable and clean and the kitchen and bathrooms stunning.
The key holders live closely and are on hand if needed - they reassured us that our parking spot was OK.

I have already recommended this cottage to friends and family and will book it again if we return to Stratford in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to town and country
Liked least: Nothing, all was fine
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
5 Jun 2016
Tank you for the lovely review, we are delighted you had a great stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing