“Ideal bolt hole and relaxing cottage”
Luxury Private Hot Tub just for your group seats 4 in indivual chairs
Quaint Cottage in 16th Century Village, with pubs/restuarants, Stratford upon Avon & Warwick Towns Tradtional Beamed Features, Inglenook Fire Place Log Burning Stove & Great Central Heating System
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Modern Hand Crafted Kitchen, fully equipped
Sleeps 6 guests (1 x double and 4 singles)
Lounge with 2 Sofats
Private Cottage Patio Garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Simon P
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Ideal bolt hole and relaxing cottage”
Reviewed 21 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Myself and my wife fly into the UK several times a year to visit family and we are always looking for cottages to use for ourselves and family. Measure cottage belongs to Shakepear Cottages who I have used for other rentals before so I knew the standard would be good. The cottage is in a great location for visiting the Birmingham and Warwick areas and is very easily accessible from Stratford and the motorway.
I used the cottage for a week and my teenager kids came and went and we all enjoyed the hot tub (which was steaming hot) on one night we spent over two hours just looking at the stars even though it was literally freezing.
A nicely equipped little cottage with a great open fire, perfect for romantic breaks or small family stays. Antonia who was my point of contact was great and sent me loads of info before I arrived and even put up a Christmas tree which was very festive , especially as I live in aDubai

Travelling group: Teenagers
denisedea...
London, United Kingdom
“Cosy Cottage”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed three nights in Measure Cottage during the half term with our 14 year old daughter. Antonia whom I spoke to about the cottage was very helpful and easy to talk to. The cottage itself is on a corner and situated in a residential road and the location is good. It is very convenient for stratford upon avon, Birmingham (where we visited Cadbury World and The Bull Ring shopping Centre) and also close to Warrick Castle. There are plenty of shops/restaurants 5 minutes drive away. The cottage itself was lovely and clean on arrival and warm. We used the wood burning stove every night which we loved. Unfortunately there wasn't any gloves to open the doors with so be careful because the handles get very hot. The layout of the cottage was excellent and the lounge was a good size as was the main bedroom and also the second bedroom. The huge bed in the main bedroom was very comfortable. The bathroom was small and nowhere to put toiletries. Overall we loved the cottage and felt very at home but I personally think it is only comfortable enough for four people.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lounge/kitchen and overall layout/deco and the woodburning stove
Liked least: The small bathroom and shower screen which didnt open very wide plus no hooks shelves, cupboard to put toiletries in and mirrow above dressing table should be longer
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Zackamy
Poole, United Kingdom
“Perfect cottage, perfect location, perfect host!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

We rented this cottage for a base for a 4 day trip away. The location was perfect for our day trips to Drayton manor and cadburys world! Both attractions are within 30 mins of the cottage. The rooms were well decorated and very clean and presentable. The kitchen was great and very well equipped. We loved the fact that we could have some privacy as there was a separate bedroom for the children (our alternative would have been a family room in a hotel). This cottage has everything you need and I would definitely recommend it. We might even return to stay in another Shakespeare holiday cottage next year!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and cleanliness
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Neville71
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Relaxing, comfortable and ideal location.”
Reviewed 30 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

I stayed 4 weeks in Measure Cottage and 1 week in Juliet whilst waiting for my house move to go through. The accomodation is very clean and comfortable and within an ideal location close to Stratford and Henley in Arden. Easy access to motorways for those wishing to travel further a field (as did I with my work). Internet access allowed me to work from home as well as keep in contact with friends. One really big recommendation is around the support that Antonia and her partner provided......if there were any problems they were there to help the same day, for example, I couldn't get on the internet one day and they came round and got it fixed........it turned out to be my computer though which was at fault and not their internet connection. I spent a lovely 5 weeks at Shakespeare Cottages and recommend them to anyone wishing a relaxing break in comfortable surrounding.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
thehenchm...
Chester, United Kingdom
“Measure Cottage, Truely Stunning!”
Reviewed 29 September 2010 for a stay in October 2009

We recently stayed in Measure Cottage. Four of us stayed there and we were very impressed. The cottage is finished to a high standard and is in a perfect location, close to two lovely villages - Wooten Wawen and Henley In Arden. The cottage has a well equipped kitchen. A spacious lounge with a lovely log burner which adds to the cottage feeling. There are 2 very spacious bedrooms + a sofa bed in the lounge! This cottage could easily sleep 6 or 7. The cottage was very clean, and had a lovely feeling about it. The wireless internet is a fantastic extra that is included free of charge! Antonia, the owner was extremely welcoming and was extremely helpful. We can now see why Shakespeare Holiday Cottages have so many excellent reviews! We would defiantly stay here again!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing