“A Real Nice Old Country Pub”
Review of The Dirty Duck

The Dirty Duck
More attraction details
Owner description: This notorious tavern is still frequented by thirsty actors after an evening's performance at the Swan Theater.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a pint, really nice and old time boozer
On the wall is covered in old actor photographs
Very nice and cosy

1  Thank Mr z Z
Sam P, General Manager at The Dirty Duck, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review and you enjoyed the photos on the wall

All reviews
"actors"
in 33 reviews
"mallard"

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I travel from the States to Birmingham Area about 1x-2x per year for business. Each trip is incomplete without a visit to The Duck. Location is picture perfect - especially in Spring. Food and drink - a far step up from "normal" pub grub. Fish and Chips is some of the best I have ever had. Pub itself - just a good straight up atmosphere. No hype. I have a trip coming up at the end of April...Sunday at the Duck is already part of the itinerary!.
"

1  Thank Loren H
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I love this pub. Ever since my first visit in 2011. The food is fantastic, it’s pub grub, but, fortunately, not Marstons. My wife had a frankly massive beef and pulled beef burger with herby chips. She loved it. Really really loved it. I had the seafood mixed grill. For my personal taste the cod was slightly overdone but this was a very minor thing. The sauce and the rest of the dish was superb. Average price and, and! the staff left us alone until our meal was done. You are aware of them milking around but they really are unobtrusive and very efficient.
Our only slight gripe is the toilets, where we were sat there was only one ladies, which my wife found frustrating (I didn’t). And the gents was in need of refurbishment.
Still
Love this pub. Long may it continue being what it is.

Sam P, General Manager at The Dirty Duck, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thanks for Choosing us for your date night and you enjoyed your visit we are having a little facelift soon and the loos are on the list thanks again Sam

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Great pub not much change except for menus and prices in 54 years. This was my last visit as a schoolboy.
Went in for and had great sandwiches served with great efficiency and a smile.
Good value. Tried to book for dinner but full. Will book earlier next time

thanks for coming back and trying after 54 years sorry that you could not get a booking for dinner the theatre had all re opened and it was a busy day Sam

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Walking along the river with the dog my wife and I popped in for lunch. Great setting , riverside view table , excellent food served by a Megan Markle look alike ! I had chicken and smoked bacon sandwich my wife had the Forestiere pate and we shared an excellent bowl of chips. Reasonably priced food and drink and overall a good experience . Being dog friendly an added bonus. Service was prompt, food wholesome and recommended.

We thank you for taking the time to write a review and you enjoyed Emma serving you