Open today: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great pie

Visited this week having passed the pub earlier in the day. We both had different pies which were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jimmy0306
Liverpool, United Kingdom
via mobile
Lovely Lunch

Accommodated 30+ people and the service was splendid. A lovely lunch with a super dessert... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
wonderwheeler01
Waco, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Stratford-upon-Avon
from USD 27.70
from USD 101.00
from USD 67.90
from USD 134.20
More Info
All reviews lovely pub pub grub the black swan hunters chicken lamb shank favourite pub the river mixed grill signed photos sunday roast pre theatre dinner royal shakespeare theatre across the road value for money visiting stratford actors mallard
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I travel from the States to Birmingham Area about 1x-2x per year for business. Each trip is incomplete without a visit to The Duck. Location is picture perfect - especially in Spring. Food and drink - a far step up from "normal" pub grub. Fish and Chips is some of the best I have ever had. Pub itself - just a good straight up atmosphere. No hype. I have a trip coming up at the end of April...Sunday at the Duck is already part of the itinerary!.
"

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Loren H
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I love this pub. Ever since my first visit in 2011. The food is fantastic, it’s pub grub, but, fortunately, not Marstons. My wife had a frankly massive beef and pulled beef burger with herby chips. She loved it. Really really loved it. I had the seafood mixed grill. For my personal taste the cod was slightly overdone but this was a very minor thing. The sauce and the rest of the dish was superb. Average price and, and! the staff left us alone until our meal was done. You are aware of them milking around but they really are unobtrusive and very efficient.
Our only slight gripe is the toilets, where we were sat there was only one ladies, which my wife found frustrating (I didn’t). And the gents was in need of refurbishment.
Still
Love this pub. Long may it continue being what it is.

Date of experience: March 2018
Sam P, General Manager at The Dirty Duck, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thanks for Choosing us for your date night and you enjoyed your visit we are having a little facelift soon and the loos are on the list thanks again Sam

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Great pub not much change except for menus and prices in 54 years. This was my last visit as a schoolboy.
Went in for and had great sandwiches served with great efficiency and a smile.
Good value. Tried to book for dinner but full. Will book earlier next time

Date of experience: March 2018

thanks for coming back and trying after 54 years sorry that you could not get a booking for dinner the theatre had all re opened and it was a busy day Sam

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Walking along the river with the dog my wife and I popped in for lunch. Great setting , riverside view table , excellent food served by a Megan Markle look alike ! I had chicken and smoked bacon sandwich my wife had the Forestiere pate and we shared an excellent bowl of chips. Reasonably priced food and drink and overall a good experience . Being dog friendly an added bonus. Service was prompt, food wholesome and recommended.

Date of experience: March 2018

We thank you for taking the time to write a review and you enjoyed Emma serving you

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Sam has a brilliant team, all the members of staff are very warm & friendly. It’s just a shame we never see the guys from the kitchen because they cook some lovely food! I come at least once a week on my “day off” as a treat & the service is very quick.

We came recently for Mother’s Day, the whole fam-a-lam! Sam & his team was very accommodating & overall was brilliant, it was a lovely meal, we all left with full tummies!

My little ones (7, 6 & 3 year old) really enjoyed the kids menu, plenty of choice & includes pudding which is a winner in their eyes!

The adults all opted in for roast dinners which were just delicious.

Thanks once again guys, see you soon!

Date of experience: March 2018

Thanks for the review on mothers day and you enjoyed your visit and the young ones Sam