The Stratford, A QHotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
USD 135
USD 121
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 136/night.

USD 165
USD 68
Ettington Park Hotel(Alderminster)
USD 189
USD 179
Best Western Grosvenor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
USD 97
USD 80
Priceline
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 89/night.

Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
USD 148
USD 178
USD 109
Priceline
  • Pool
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)(Great Value!)
USD 85
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
2,239 results
All reviewscharacter roomgrand roommacbeth roomroll top bathlovely hoteldouble showercar parkwalk in showerlots of characterfresh milk in the fridgeeggs benedictcentral locationshakespeare's birthplacelovely roomold buildingfull englishcentre of town
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast was a bit rushed with no explanation about buffet etc. The waiter was asking us questions about drinks and toast while we were walking to table . A more friendly relaxed approach would have been appreciated . we booked a double room with an extra child but after booking received an email asking if we required an extra bed at a cost and also an extra cost for child’s breakfast. I would have appreciated all costs to be up front

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sol_Yepes, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear cbrown202227

Many Thanks for your review.

I agree that our hotel is nice with friendly staff.
I will investigate the issue with the extra bed and breakfast - I agree it should have been given to you at the time.

I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The White Swan was originally built circa 1450 for a prosperous merchant but became an Inn in 1550, 14 years prior to Shakespeare's birth. We've stayed before, but this was the first time we'd stayed in oldest part of the building at the front, in one of the 'character' rooms( with 4 poster beds and exposed beams). Room 103 also has a fragment of an original medieval window. Many of the rooms have quotations from Shakespeare's plays outside- ours was "hubble, bubble, toil and trouble" an incantation from one of the 3 witches in Macbeth, and not entirely appropriate, I thought. However, on the positive side, the elderly cleaning lady declared that I was now Thane of Cawthorne (near Barnsley)!!.- Ok, I admit I just made that up !- but seriously, it was a lovely room in a beautiful atmospheric old hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the beer good (Fullers of London), and the breakfast menu varied. We also had a pleasant lunch there on the day of our arrival. Any negatives? Yes- I couldn't understand why there was only one comfy armchair in our room. There was definitely sufficient space for two....and given that the rooms are not exactly cheap, I think it reasonable to expect maximum comfort. Still, no matter, a great stay and one we plan to repeat 'ere long.

Room Tip: Rooms 101-103 are in the oldest part of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vic M

Dear Vic M

I am delighted that you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel and that you liked the room, and character features.

We look forward to being of service again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was a lovely hotel, it was very clean and comfortable and the room was well proportioned. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. The breakfast menu offered an extensive choice of cooked meals and the two we chose were both delicious, a great way to start a day of exploring the town. It is also close to the theatre as well as all the other historic buildings.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear apotte238004,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to be lovely, clean and comfortable.
Our staff work hard to offer friendly and efficient service and it pleased me to read that you agreed.
I will pass on your comments to the chef and his team, as they will be delighted to read that you enjoyed all of your meals.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Favourite Stratford hotel, bit pricey but great ambiance. Some of the rooms starting to look a bit dated, needs paint touch up and grouting in bathroom but overall very nice decor. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear danakoellner,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that we are your favourite hotel in Stratford, and I agree we have a great ambiance.
We have recently undertaken some minor upgrading in rooms, so you should see this next time you visit.

We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The price we paid for a grand room, and the room we got was just big enough to swing a cat...hardly the definition of Grand!! Lots of other guests complained about this also whilst we were there, location is good, food is nice, some drinks are overpriced!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sol_Yepes, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear apearc754951,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you did not find your room to be large enough recently. Each of our 41 rooms are different in size and shape, because of the building being almost 600 years old, but I am unaware of anyone else being unhappy - especially reading the positive reviews.
The grand rooms have different amenities in them over and above a classic room too.

Our location is indeed good - so close to most of the main tourist attractions here in Stratford.

I hope we can be of service in the future,