2,729 results
All reviews holiday inn the river town centre public areas large hotel excellent location car park executive room plenty of parking reception area buffet style lovely hotel rsc theatre family room leisure centre central location few minutes walk
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

My husband booked us into this hotel for a birthday surprise and it was in a perfect location to get to everything.

When you arrive it isn't much to look at from outside but when you walk through the doors it's a wow. I was very excited to get to.our room as my husband had booked a executive room.

Well what a huge disappointment. It was tiny and in need of a update £189 for a night with B&B & evening meal... I wasn't impressed

We went for dinner and it wasn't brilliant we left majority of the food as it was very disappointing. Shame as downstairs is a big huge wow but food and room not at all wow.

Ideal if you wanted to go for location as excellent for that.

I would eat out there loads of lovely restaurants around such as No9 Church Street absolutely gorgeous and reasonable also only 10 mins walk from hotel.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandi B
Tim S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear Sandi B,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you left feeling disappointed, especially as your stay was for a special occasion.

It's difficult to establish the details of your stay from the review but I hope that you spoke to my colleagues at the time so that we could make up for any shortfalls in service or standards. I hope that you will accept my assurances that the experience you describe is unusual for the hotel, I'm sorry that you were affected.

Tim Sparrow, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

If you are a tourist in Stratford you would be pushed to find a better location than the Holiday Inn. It's a five minute walk from the town centre and situated on the river bank. At breakfast you can sit and watch the swans glide past on the river whilst you eat from the plentiful buffet.
The reception staff were helpful and the reception, lounge and restaurant areas are decorated beautifully. It's a comfortable and relaxing place to unwind after a day's sightseeing.
We were a little disappointed with lunch, the panini turned out to be a warmed up mini baguette and was expensive.
The room was adequate and we had a lovely river view from our window. Shampoo, soap and shower gel was supplied but no luxuries - we weren't expecting a lot for £80 per night but have experienced much better in other hotels for less.
There is a pool/gym but we didn't use it, we had a look and thought that it looked nice but the pool is quite small.
Overall it was a good stay and I would recommend it for a short stay as a good tourist hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view and third floor is likely to be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona H
HISUA, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Dear Fiona H

Thank you for your review and I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations hence the score of 3. However, we do appreciate all our guests feedback and your observations regarding the bar meal will be investigated.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights for a short break with my partner. The location was fantastic it's right near the heart of everything and was a short walk from shops and restaurants. The lobby and the bars were decorated to a nice modern standard but the rooms unfortunately we're not. Our room was old and tired and in need of being refurbished, the pillows and blanket were thin and uncomfortable :( Breakfast was ok, the staff were really nice and friendly. The one thing we really didn't like was paying £5 per day for the car park.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank XoxoBoxoX

Dear XoxoboxoX

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel.
I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We also have taken your comments on board in regards to the bedroom standards for future refurbishments

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Wanted somewhere to stay central in Stratford as part of a birthday treat night out. I found the holiday Inn via bookings.com and booked a room for £78 rather than £138.

Booking in time was 3, however we got there at 1:30 and were told our 'standard' room was ready.

Taking onboard this is 4star accommodation, I have to say I was disappointed. The room was basic, double bed, 2 cosy chairs, wardrobe and side area which housed the TV, with a mirror above it. There was a room service menu, but no other information was available about the other facilities within the hotel, or the town itself. There was a hairdryer in a drawer, but for 4star I would have expected this to be fitted to the wall.

Tea and coffee was bare minimum and I was shocked to see all but one milk carton was full fat milk(blue).. Who drinks this nowadays?

On arriving in the room I glanced a notice on the bed, explaining that both a firm and soft pillow had been provided for each visitor, a nice touch. However after 4hrs of restless sleep I actually woke up as my neck was aching so much. I didn't wish to disturb my partner so I went in search of a cushion to use instead, but there weren't any. I therefore resorted to removing both pillows and simply lying on the bed. It was a struggle to sleep, however due to only staying the one night I didn't feel the need to contact reception and request another.

On departing the hotel I expected to be asked if I'd enjoyed my stay, but sadly I wasn't and this just summed my experience up nicely.

A once modern chain of hotels, which have become outdated and are simply interested in filling up rooms but not really bothered about the quality of the visitor's stay.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madcow20142014
Tim S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2016

Dear Madcow20142014,

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations, or for that matter our own usual standards of service.

I'd be grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel so i can take more details of your stay and so that I can address the shortfalls in standards that you experienced.

Tim Sparrow, Operations Manager
opsmgr@histratford.valoreurope.com

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

We spent Easter weekend here. I booked this hotel due to its location to central Stratford upon Avon and it's proximity to the RSC. The pool is a bit small but okay. The staff were very nice but unfortunately my 11 year old was not made to feel very welcome by some of the older guests who seemed to think that the pool was for their exclusive use! We didn't stay beyind 7pm, as are the rules, and my daughter is a serious swimmer ...sometimes we got there early so we could swim in peace and were met by lots of tutting and snide remarks. This marred our stay a little and I do feel that there should be clearer rules and regulations up so that everybody is aware what can and can't be done and who is able to swim in the pool. If people don't want to holiday with children around, they need to stay elsewhere!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear Hurghada07,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us over the Easter holidays. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some issues in the pool due to some of our other guests, if you stay with us again and have any issues like this again our pool area is always manned by a team member who will always be more that happy to explain to our guests that children are allowed in the pool till 7pm.