“Nice stay”

The Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Kenilworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2017

My partner and I stayed here in room 7 which was a very big room decent size bathroom amazing shower.
During our stay the lock on the door broke so we advised reception who came to have a look straightaway. Then later on i left the room but could not get back into as the lock of the room broke again. I went to reception who offered me a drink on the house straightaway whilst the looked at the lock - they sorted it within 5 mins so returned to my room. It was one of those thinks that can happen the staff dealt with the issue in an appropriate manner which was assuring :)

2nd visit to hotel really nice I would recommend room 11 :) the location of the hotel is spot on everything is So close beautiful restaurants walking distance and a Sainsbury’s opposite :)
Cocktails are amazing

Would defo stay again

Room Tip: Room 11 it’s amazing
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I booked via Booking.com a ‘Deluxe King Room’ with breakfast included. On arrival we were shown to a tiny, shabbily decorated double room above the bar (which stays open to midnight). I complained that this was not what I’d booked. The receptionist (possibly one of the family that owns The Kenilworth) denied any responsibility for ‘Booking.com’s misleading advert’, saying their King rooms were much more expensive and were fully booked already. We were offered a ‘free upgrade’ to a larger double room in a quieter location following my complaint, but it was still not a King size and frankly looked like it was furnished from 1990’s ply board furniture from an old spare room. The room was clean and the en suite was well furnished (the shower wasn’t hot enough for my taste, but still ok).

The breakfast was a cold continental breakfast with limited choice as they have no cooking facilities.

The cocktail bar was the one saving grace. The cocktails were excellent and bar staff very good indeed.

In my view this is a ‘cocktail bar with rooms’, not a hotel and certainly well short of the standard of any other hotel that I’ve stayed in that’s claimed to be a ‘boutique hotel’.

According to the reception I should have phoned up to find out they were only double rooms and that breakfasts were limited to cold food. This seems to me to amount to saying ‘don’t trust what you read about us, the advertising is misleading’.

To me this is a trades description issue ad I’m genuinely stunned the Kenilworth claim to have no control over what Booking.com say about their rooms. I feel misled and had I known what they were actually offering I would not have stayed there. I will seek advice about this.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The Kenilworth was easy to find as it was right on the High Street, drove past and then realised that the parking must be round the back so drove up to the roundabout and then head back past and took the next turning after The Kenilworth and found the parking round the back and also an entrance through the garden to reception. Reception is through the cocktail bar at the end, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We booked through Booking.com and it stated that we would have a King Deluxe Room however what we actually got was a Double Room which was quite small. This was the last room so they were unable to move us to another room with an actual King bed. The staff were most apologetic and offered us a couple of free cocktails to compensate. We were only there for 1 night so it was not a problem. However, the bed was not very comfortable for us.The room itself was very nicely decked out, and the shower was great. The hotel is located in the centre of town and ad lots of amenities near by. We ate dinner at the pub across the road called the Bear & Ragged Staff, cheap and great atmosphere. We had our complimentary cocktails afterwards which were very good (offered as mix up on room), then went to bed. In the morning we had continental breakfast which was self service and everything there you would expect to find. Travelled on the A road to the NEC Birmingham which was only 11 miles away, therefore did not get held up in any traffic on the motorway.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I booked this place for a quick stopover. I stayed in the house at the rear which has been recently renovated into a hotel. On the whole it was very good. The bed was comfortable, it had a small desk and sofa inside the room. A Tassimo coffee machine was a nice touch. The shower room was very nicely done and everything you need is there. Shower is a little too good and has a tendency to come out quicker than the tray can cope with. I just popped a towel down which coped with he flood. The TV I didn’t get to work; but that is probably just me. Thanks for a nice stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2017

If you are a Scotch Whisky connoisseur, then you will love The Kenilworth Hotel. Both myself and friends have been there for an evening out and enjoyed their collectors editions with a full cheese board. Well worth an evening out, pleasant surroundings, cosy and intimate atmosphere - Worth a visit

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends