New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Kenilworth
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Overnight Stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel overnight as we were attending a function at Chesford Grange. We could not find a car park space to begin with & had to use the overflow car park & it was cold & raining. We had asked for an upgrade which I think we got but it was a disabled persons room. Nothing wrong with this at all but when I went into the bathroom there was every facility for a disabled person but all facilities were on the very low side for my husband & I. We struggled to get in & out of the bath & thank goodness there were handrails to grab so if anyone was actually disabled or had special needs I think they would be unable to get into the bath or use the shower! After I had showered the next morning I went to turn the shower off & turned the wrong control by mistake & actually scolded my chest with extremely hot water which once again could be a disaster if someone had special needs. I did complain to Reception but all they did was apologise. Rounds of drinks were very expensive on the Saturday night & the hotel is very tired & in need of a makeover.

Room Tip: Best to check room is what you requested before you unpack!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Jen581

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to attend a function, I am very sorry you had a mixed experience and were disappointed with the upgraded room. I have spoken to the receptionist who checked you out regarding the shower and I understand you were offered first aid but declined.

We have since checked the shower in this room as the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and as you state, the dial was turned the wrong way as no fault was found with the equipment.

I hope this will not deter you from returning to a QHotel sometime in the future.

Andrew Fox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a dinner dance. our first impression upon arrival was how welcoming and accommodating all the reception staff were, they really made you feel welcome. After checking in we went for a swim, nice little pool and it was not too crowded.
The bar area and staff were excellent, very attentive and noting was too much trouble. The same has to be said for the waiters and waitresses that looked after us all night too.
In a few words, excellent hotel, superb staff, lovely meal and I for one will be returning.
Well Done All

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear stuart s

Many thanks for your lovely review following your stay at Chesford Grange to attend a dinner dance and thank you for giving us a top score of 5.

Should you wish to return on a future occasion perhaps for a leisure break just go to the QHotels website for some great value offers all year round.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We spent a wonderful 4 nights at this hotel. We had two rooms, a double room with an inter-connecting door to a twin room for our teenage children. Both rooms were extremely clean, well furnished and very comfortable. Both bathrooms were decent sized,spotless with great showers. We eat in both the restaurant and the bar during our stay and the meals were excellent, as was the breakfast every morning. I cannot compliment the staff enough, they were always extremely polite, helpful and attentive. The only slight downside was the inability to have any spa treatments which was disappointing, apparently it is advisable to book these well in advance of your stay as they get 'booked up'. I overheard a few people unhappy that they couldn't have any treatments during their stay, it seems the beauty treatments are unavailable every Tuesday and Wednesday so it may be worth the hotel reconsidering this to accomodate their guest. Other than that, I cannot fault the hotel and staff - excellent.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Holidaymaker90210

I am delighted you and your family had an excellent stay at Chesford Grange and you could not fault us. Thank you for giving us a top score. As you rightly state, due to the popularity of our beauty facilities booking in advance is essential and I am sorry you were disappointed.

We do open the facilities 7 days a week during main holidays but again, booking in advance is advisable. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is a beautiful hotel set in beautiful grounds, but unfortunately I didn't get to see the rooms or anything as I was only going for a spa day. Thought there wasn't much said about the spa facilities so a review seemed appropriate.
The website claims that Chesford Grange has "superb leisure and spa facilities". Who on earth wrote this has clearly never been to an actual spa before. The "spa" consists of a small swimming pool and a steam room which smells a bit of damp towels, all of which is overlooked by the reception area, so you can have a good gawp at people in their swimwear when you arrive. There are 2 heated loungers. And that is all there is. No jacuzzi, no sauna. There are 3 small treatment rooms which, if you have both a spa day and treatments booked, you have to walk through the reception area in your swimwear to get to.
The gym is alright, although a bit dated. The cup holder of the exercise bike I used was dirty and the seat squeaked, but there are 2 of all basic cardio machines as well as weights... everything you'd expect but not much more.
The changing rooms are a bit grotty... no locks on the doors to the showers, no individual changing rooms just a small but completely open room. The floor got very dirty when I left, at about 4pm, the spa having only been open since 12. Staff had put a "wet floor" sign out but no attempt to clean or dry it seemed to have been made. Hair driers were provided free of charge, as well as lockers and a towel.
Overall I was quite disappointed by the spa day I'd been looking forward to. Don't really see how anyone could think they were "superb". Staff were friendly and polite though. Lots of parking, and as I said it is a beautiful spot, even with a track through the grounds for runners which I was gutted to not be able to use :( don't go if you're just there for the spa, but if it's part of a bigger trip then feel free, just don't expect to be blown away :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Helen E
Dear helenearles

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review following your visit to Chesford Grange for a spa day, I am very sorry you were disappointed with the facilities and the ambiance of the leisure and spa facilities.

We naturally take all our visitors feedback seriously and where possible, appropriate action is taken to rectify the issues you mention particularly the cleanliness of the changing rooms. However, on a positive note, thank you for highlighting the hotel grounds and the friendly service from the team, I hope you enjoyed your treatments for which we normally receive excellent comments.

Once again, thank you for your post.

Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

This was our first visit to the Hotel . I was concerned when we arrived as I had read that when the Hotel has Conferences guests felt second best and the car park was full of commercial vans !! However from the receptionist to waitress's that looked after us we felt very special. We had requested a quiet room and weren't disappointed. The room had lovely rural views and was beautifully clean and well decorated. We did a B&B plus dinner package and it was excellent value for money, food delicious ! We will certainly be visiting again. Thank you !

Room Tip: Worth upgrading for £30 per night per room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear starryknightKent

I am delighted you enjoyed your break with us and I know the team will appreciate your comments regarding the service, food and cleanliness.

Thank you also for mentioning the reviews regarding conferences at Chesford Grange, we do our utmost to ensure every guest whether they are staying on leisure or business is made to feel welcome and wanting to return, as in the previous review and on this occasion it proves this is the case!

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Andrew Fox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
12.9 km away
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
Lea Marston Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lea Marston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,788 reviews

Been to Chesford Grange - A QHotel? Share your experiences!