“Wounderful staff and afternoon tea”
Review of Stoneleigh Abbey

Stoneleigh Abbey
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I got bought a groupon for my birthday form my son for afternoon tea at Stoneleigh Abbey and the staff was very happy and helpful and it was the best afternoon tea i have had will book again for my friends birthday

Date of experience: April 2018
"lovely afternoon"
in 9 reviews
"entertaining guide"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Booked afternoon tea and had the worst experience. Store bought cakes, extremely sugary scones, and underwhelming sandwiches. Requested a vegetarian option and was told it would be fine. Got here and they didn't even have cheese. Cutlery and cups were stained and dirty. Teas were twinning and brewed in large pots so we had to send them down the table to other people. Don't waste your time here.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018

We visited on a cold afternoon and decided to do the tour.
What a wonderful tour, Paul was informative, funny and happy
to answer all questions.
The grounds are beautiful and we can’t wait for a sunny afternoon
to return. Well worth visiting

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Eve201113
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Very well set out inside, I love historical rooms and this building has some lovely ones. Lots of interesting history and facts given by our guide Paul.
Grounds would be amazing for a wedding and in summer a lovely place to sit by the river.
Bargain at £6 per adult.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank MrsBaum
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 December 2017

I booked Afternoon Tea for 6 members of my family as a surprise for my mum's 70th birthday. You would think Afternoon Tea at Stoneleigh Abbey would be grand but we were all left very disappointed. I was made aware on booking that during the winter months it would be taken in the main house and not the Orangery which wasn't a problem. Unfortunately it turned out to be in a cold cellar with no view apart from a kitchenette and slush puppy machine in the corner! Service was disappointing and no bone china cups and plates, just cheap white cafe standard crockery. What i had hoped would be a lovely surprise on my mums special day turned out to be a complete waste of £135.00

Date of experience: November 2017