“Good food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Good food, lovely old church building. A little expensive but a nice meal with friendly helpful staff.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

My wife and I visited for lunch with an 87 year old neighbour celebrating her birthday. The greeting and service were as usual friendly and efficient. We have always enjoyed the food here and this visit was no exception, albeit it was rather strange that a restaurant specialising in mussels had run out of mussels! So I had to change to gilt head bream but that was excellent. The 87 year old lady had Malabar prawn curry and scoffed the lot! All in all this was, as has always been my experience, a most enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

we went for a birthday on the 20/10/2016 there was 9 of us got there for 6 30 pm before we got our coats off and sat at the table they were want our drinks order ask them to return when we got sat down.By 7.30 we had to ask to order our drink still waiting for menu to order meals , it was after 8.30 before we had our starters when we complained the server said that he started at 7 pm and was not told that we were waiting. I am a diabetic and had my insulin for a meal that should have been sooner so my sugar levels were all over the place

Reviewed 2 October 2016

We booked a table prior to going on arrival the young man could not find us. Another young man came along and said it was not a problem and he offered us a table number 43 I think top corner upstairs it was a perfect seat as I do love to people watch. The staff friendly and plenty of in fact two different ones asking us is the food ok, would you like more drinks? would you like a desert ? It is a very nice building inside. I could of sat there longer but we had to go. The food was fine we had fish and chips nothing adventures I know, but it was nice. We did get dressed up but we need not have done as people were walking in with walking boots on and very, very casual. The building does have steps to the front doors just in case of wheel chair users.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

This used to be my favourite restaurant in Gosforth so after living abroad for a few years it was top of my list when I got back to Gosforth. Unfortunately, while we've been away it's standards have slipped. At prime dining time on Saturday it wasn't even half full and there were plenty of staff ion hand but the service was disjointed and badly affected our ability to enjoy the food. There was no consistency in who appeared to be looking after us and as a result our drinks order which was tekn by one member of staff went missing and the starters (the order for which was taken by someone else) arrived before the drinks could be found. When we ordered another bottle of wine and water for the table it also did not appear even though we asked a couple of passing waiters that had attended our table if they knew where it was. In the end we cancelled the order because we had almost finished our main courses.

The food was a little better with decent appetizers but the main dishes came out in dribs and drabs and were decidely on the small side and not very warm.

I know that this place is part of a chain so it shouldn't be hard for them to get it right again but it's going to need an attention to detail on both the food and staff training side.

3  Thank TarlCaboto