“Food”
Review of Alsham

Alsham
Ranked #135 of 1,398 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Definitely would not go here again. The chef seemed so rude when I wanted to order takeaway.
Don't falsely advertise something on offer if you don't want to serve it.
I could totally tell they were lying about not having what I wanted in just because it was at a discounted price.
Would never go back

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Escape764971

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Venturing out for evening meal on a weekend away is usually enjoyable. The late winter blast from the east made it less so. Warm welcome in this restaurant though. Really enjoyed the food we had. The hummus and bread starters were superb. The main courses were just fabulous. My lamb tajin was really suited to the cold night and my partner's chicken shish was lovely. Both plates were big portions. Still had room for the milk pudding on the house and the cardamom tea. Authentic Lebanese food made me miss the sunshine. I didn't think that it was too expensive either.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

... the restaurant was excellent as was the food ... the only cloud on the horizon was the snowstorm blowing outside - some of which was finding its way in and giving me an occasional sprinkling
... the two waitresses didn't put a foot wrong excellent service

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Friendly staff and more food than one person could eat for the bargain price of £10-99!!.
I ordered the Mandi Chicken (which was delicious) and stuffed vine leaves.

Not sure what the little starter was but it was enjoyable aswell

1  Thank Natalia A
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The food is tasteless and the price is very expensive for nothing. They also take a service charge which is absolutely ridiculous for the quality of the food. We ordered 2 shawarma and we’ve been served a kebab with a large portion of pickles and fluorescent vegetables (well, I think it was vegetables). We paid more than £40 for 2 tasteless meat, simple fries, pickles, vegetables and a awful cocktail. I definitely won’t come back!

Date of visit: February 2018