“Good service, and hamburgers, excellent location”
Review of Byron

Byron
Ranked #195 of 1,386 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: USD 9 - USD 16
Description: Proper hamburgers made from British beef, freshly prepared and cooked to order, served with a craft beer
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Byron's is an American hamburger joint in a stunning location overlooking Grey's Monument. A window seat affords you with a great view of the passing street theatre. The service is quick and pleasant. The hamburgers are good. I had a chilli burger. My daughter had a smashed avocado and my son a Ruben. They were a meal unto themselves and so great for anyone with a large appetite. There are veggie options.
The menu needs some work -- last time I looked California does not have an east coast! The root beer does taste like proper root beer and was served in an iced glass.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here on wednesday night with my othee half during our trip to Newcastle....i had thee most amazing burger ive ever eaten! The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the atmosphere was good. The food was to die for. Just wish we had a Bryon in N.Ireland!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Popped into Byron for lunch, while visiting Newcastle. Decided to try the Smokin burger, beef with pulled brisket on top crispy onions bbq sauce and all the trimmings in in bun with fries on the side washed down with a merlot. Very good. Fast service, food cooked to order and pleasant friendly staff. Would go again.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I already knew Byron when I visited Edinburgh 2 years ago, so when I ran into Byron here in Newcastle I knew for sure that I had to go there for dinner at least one night. Luckely my friends, after hearing my positive experience in Edinburgh, agreed to have dinner on the first night. Unfortunately there was a waiting line of 45 minutes, which obviously means it is a favorite hamburger joint of many, but when we had a table and got our orders all my friends said it really was worth waiting!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Visited Byron on our first night in Newcastle - I’ve not eaten at this chain before.

Staff were really friendly and welcoming on arrival. Plenty of drinks to choose from and their food menu was endless.

For a change I went for the smashed avocado chicken burger. Absolutely delicious.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant.