“Hamburgers and shakes!!”
Review of Byron

Byron
Ranked #195 of 1,386 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: USD 9 - USD 16
Description: Proper hamburgers made from British beef, freshly prepared and cooked to order, served with a craft beer
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I already knew Byron when I visited Edinburgh 2 years ago, so when I ran into Byron here in Newcastle I knew for sure that I had to go there for dinner at least one night. Luckely my friends, after hearing my positive experience in Edinburgh, agreed to have dinner on the first night. Unfortunately there was a waiting line of 45 minutes, which obviously means it is a favorite hamburger joint of many, but when we had a table and got our orders all my friends said it really was worth waiting!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Visited Byron on our first night in Newcastle - I’ve not eaten at this chain before.

Staff were really friendly and welcoming on arrival. Plenty of drinks to choose from and their food menu was endless.

For a change I went for the smashed avocado chicken burger. Absolutely delicious.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Have waited a long time to visit Byron and have heard great reviews. Went tonight for the first time and I am totally disappointed.
Staff didn’t have a clue what they were doing. Restaurant was busy due to the Ed Sheeran concert. Staff didn’t know how to handle the crowd. Lady taking names on the door was just running around all hyper trying to looking like she was busy but wasn’t actually achieving anything.
Finally got seated and ordered the Nachos to start.
Approximately three of the nacho chips had cheese on and the rest were dry.
For main I ordered the Byron burger. One word. Tasteless. Chips were cold McDonald’s chips. One good thing about the meal was the wine.
Won’t be back

ByronHamburgers, Guest Relations Manager at Byron, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

We're sorry to hear about your first experience at Byron recently, Shane. We'd like to follow up with you via email, please could you email the details of your visit to at: byron@byronhamburgers.com and we will look into it - thank you.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Love the burgers but why have the fries changed now just the same as McDonald’s generic frozen fries

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Every time I have visited the Newcastle Byron, the burger is always lovely, no matter which one I pick.