“A veggie asset”
Review of True Coffeehouse

True Coffeehouse
Price range: USD 3 - USD 7
Description: Quirky and fun cafe in Heaton, serving home made veggie and vegan treats, gluten free and dairy free options too 😊 Locally sourced produce where possible. Hosts events in the evenings such as comedy nights & open mic. Nice chilled out place to catch up with this months Arthouse mags. Local artists work that decorated the walls is for sale. Everyone welcome!
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This place has so many good things going for it. It only does veggie or vegan food and has attractive artwork and is much bigger now, having been refurbished. My only quibble is the pricing and limited range of food, though I understand this will change soon and breakfasts will be offered when staffing is sorted. The main savoury thing on offer is sourdough toasties. For some reason the vegan ones are more expensive than the veggie ones. With no salad the toasties range from 3.50 to over 4 pounds. With two drinks in and one take away coffee the bill was 16 and we were still hungry. There is a good range of drinks, cold and hot. The staff are friendly and with a bit of tweaking, this will be a truly great coffee shop.The toasties were very tasty indeed and there is one good deal, soup and a sandwich for around 6 pounds.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

I don't get to Heaton that much but always try and visit True Coffeehouse when I do. They have the best coffee, great for dietary requirements like vegan/gluten free and the brownies are awesome. Staff are always lovely too!

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Nipped in with a friend as we didn't know which coffee house to try when meeting up. Glad we chose this one.

She ordered the mixed berry freakshake and said it was delicious, really thick - but not a traditional freakshake with no frills which you either love or hate.

I ordered the vegan cheese, mushroom and spinach toastie. I'm not actually a vegan and I wouldn't have known the cheese wasn't real dairy! It was scrumptious food and at quite a reasonable price along with my cup of tea (£5.70).

The owner helped us with our prams, it had highchairs and a clean toilet. We are excited to come back in the summer when the garden is open for use!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Really good coffee (and on a street with heavy competition) does a very nice espresso. Cakes are lush and the sandwiches are also very tasty. Great atmosphere and friendly staff too

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

My friend and I stopped in for a quick coffee together yesterday. It's a lovely little cafe and the coffee tasted great. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quick catch up and coffee.