“Busy place, book ahead”
Review of The Bohemian

The Bohemian
Ranked #102 of 1,370 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Description: A relaxed and love filled haven 2 minutes walk from Newcastle central station. Welcome to the world of Boho... The Bohemian brings together our love of gorgeous Vegan and Vegetarian food, our love of vinyl music, and our passion to create a unique, beautiful & welcoming space for like minded people to... Eat, Drink, Relax, Indulge, Enjoy, Be Happy From a light lunch, or a cocktail and tapas, to a 3 course evening meal, everything we do is done with passion!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had not eaten here before and we arrived at 6pm so got seated ok but there were a lot of reserved tables for a Thursday night. The bad news was the chilli dog calzone was off the menu, which was what I had set my heart on. Garlic mushroom quesadilla for starter were excellent. The white wine was reasonably priced but £12 for a pizza was a bit steep although it was very good. The place was packed by the time we left and the service was fast and friendly.

1  Thank Dave T

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Having recently gone Vegan, me and my friend thought we would try The Bohemian. We were more than impressed with the food, it was honestly amazing! I am originally from Liverpool and I wish we had this restaurant there. I will be back when I am next in Newcastle.

Drinks and service was also great, overall a perfect find! Thank you.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this vegan restaurant for dinner on our way to The Stranglers concert at the O2 Academy and were very pleasantly surprised. As a self-confessed carnivore, I thought that vegan food couldn’t be as nice as meat. How wrong I was!!! It was delicious and I would highly recommend it to everyone and anyone. We had the Tempura vegetables that were cooked to perfection and coated with a crispy batter. I’d also recommend the Chilli Cheese Chimichanga, that I had for a main course. Oh, and gluten-free beer to wash it all down. The staff were lovely, attentive and explained the menu when asked. An all round great night.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We visited as a group of 4 not realising that the restaurant had recently turned vegan. We were all extremely impressed with the menu and loved the atmosphere. We were impressed with the use of jackfruit and the knowledge of the staff. The only disappointing thing was that a few things weren't on the menu, but we only assumed that this was due to it changing over from a veggie restaurant to vegan. Will definitely be visiting again. Thank you.

1  Thank Amystravels101
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Tried to get to this place a few weeks ago and couldn't cos they were fully booked. Tried again more recently and booked a table for a Saturday evening - we were told there was only two available all night but it wasn't all that busy when we showed up. The ambience is relaxing, staff were helpful and the food came fairly quickly - we had a browse through the vinyls while waiting. We got the jackfruit bbq kebab, quesadillas, tempura and a small side salad. It was all decent but nothing more in all honesty. Also it would be good if they had a few more salad options for mains because a lot of the items seem to lean towards the vegan junk food idea.