“Excellent pit stop”
Review of Johann's

Johann's
Ranked #702 of 1,391 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We often visit Johanns for a Saturday afternoon pit stop. Delicious scones and cakes, and generous portions. The tea and coffee are served with a smile. Cannot fault this cafe. Have been visiting for years, it's a tradition, lovely!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

My daughter & I had lunch here. The choice of sandwiches wasn't that good and we both had cheese savoury. The bread was very dry and the crusts so hard we had to leave them. At £4.25 (I think) each, it was a lot to pay for 2 very dry slices of bread and some filling. I wanted to say something at the time but couldn't catch the staff who never came near our table, even after we'd finished eating. It was not a great experience, we'll not be going back.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Situated in Fenwicks an upmarket department store and apparently a north-east institution. Stopped for tea and cake. The place seemed largely populated by a cetain type of lady that lunched. Service was quick once seated though you had to wait to be seated but at least once seated your table was clean and tidied up. The place was packed out but the service was decetly quick and the scones were large and fluffy inside and the tea nice. At £10 something for two scones and tea it was about average value wise, whilst the cafe itself was stuck in an odd corner of the store with no views. Nonetheless as a break from shopping a nice place to take a break.

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I came with my mam for a coffee and cake. Really impressed. Located in Fenwicks it's not the biggest but definitely a nice place to come to avoid shopping.
I had a filter coffee which was very nice. My mam had a latte and a delicious fruit meringue. I'll definitely return again.

3  Thank GeordieHorgeRN
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

Had a filter coffee after being shopping with my wife.
Good filter coffee with a refill.
Good value for money.