3 people are viewing this hotel
Hampton
USD 91
Free cancellation until 03/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 91
Free cancellation until 03/12/21
FindHotel
USD 89
Expedia.comUSD 91
Hotels.comUSD 91
PricelineUSD 91
1,909 results
All reviews train station great location travelling by train corner room city centre minute walk walk in shower car park sofa bed top floor lovely hotel buffet breakfast beans excellent value for money would stay again full english booked this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Overall, we enjoyed a quality stay at the Hampton by Hilton Newcastle, conveniently located just across the street from the Newcastle railway station. However, it was not without a hiccup or two. During our first evening, the air conditioning was not working. Fortunately, Andy at the front desk arranged for someone to go to the roof and get it to work. The problem reoccurred the next day, though, so Reece at the front desk transferred us, and our luggage, to a vacant room with functioning AC. Both Andy and Reece were extremely responsive and went above and beyond to help. They are exceptional, polite staff members well-attuned to the needs of their guests and deserve special kudos.

Other times, others at reception were not as engaged. When I called reception to complain that the Hilton website would not allow me to sign-up for its Power Up points promotion, the lady at the desk acknowledged that the website for the Power Up promotion was stuck and said she would consult with the manager. Shortly thereafter, she informed me that there was nothing they could or would do to enable me to quality for the promotion. Separately, during the wee hours, I went to reception to buy a water and a snack, and was informed, somewhat brusquely, that the till was closed temporarily and to come back later. I opted instead to walk to a well-stocked and welcoming convenience store just a few short blocks away.

The Hampton by Hilton Newcastle offered a comfortable stay with a clean, modern rooms and a good buffet breakfast. All-in-all, it’s a good option, particularly if proximity to the railway station is an important component of your stay.

2  Thank Taurusean
Reviewed 29 September 2019 via mobile

I like this hotel and use it for business trips to Newcastle and will probably keep on going here.

As a Gold HH member the service here can be inconsistent — sometimes they offer water etc. At reception - but not this time.

There was no water in the room but otherwise the room was fine and the breakfast here is always goos and the new set-up is finished and the staff are helpful.

There was no recognition of Gold HH membership on this trip - and as Hilton offer consistency globally - the need to focus more on this here.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Y5373SVmikeb
Reviewed 28 September 2019 via mobile

Never seen security like it, second time we have stayed in this hotel, expecting paying customer to wait 10 plus minutes to access the hotel whilst they ‘check’ the hotel list. Never come across it when staying at this hotel previously but certainly won’t be staying again.

2  Thank VioletFerguson
Reviewed 27 September 2019

Directly opposite the train station, so close to to the city centre and metro.

There are some bars around, so it can get a bit noisy until late at night. On the 6th floor it didn't really bother us.

There is no parking at the hotel, but a council car park is within 5-10 mins walk. Its, £7 per day, £3 on Sundays or £1.10/hour until 5pm when it becomes free. You can top-up by an app if it is left there more than one day. Be careful at the basement when exiting the car park - a sharp turn, the road drops sharply so you have no sight of the kerbs and its very narrow!)

The hotel looks like its been recently painted and generally in a good condition. There is a pleasant seating area and bar next to Reception.

The "Queen Room with sofa bed" was very clean with plenty of space, a big shower and decent (mainly quiet) air conditioning. Having an option of a sofa bed was useful, for a family stay. I also noticed a good adjustable office-type chair at the desk which would be great for business stays.

Breakfast was self-service and mostly good; the exception being the sausages! Not sausages as I know them! Very strange! It can get busy though and tables were in short supply. But a bonus is that breakfast is served until 11am on a weekend.

2  Thank CongleTony
Reviewed 26 September 2019

I stayed with a group of colleagues - I'd booked us all into the same hotel - for an event nearby. In a hurry to leave, I left my 'phone charger plugged in beside the bed, and the charger for my work laptop on a 'table'. A colleague stayed an extra night and enquired the next morning but they had not been handed in. It should only have been the cleaning staff who had access to the room, so I was very annoyed at having to pay to buy new. I emailed but have had no response. In future, will book elsewhere

• Trip type: Travelled on business