Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CongleTony
Congleton, United Kingdom

A good city centre choice

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Sept 2019
Directly opposite the train station, so close to to the city centre and metro.

There are some bars around, so it can get a bit noisy until late at night. On the 6th floor it didn't really bother us.

There is no parking at the hotel, but a council car park is within 5-10 mins walk. Its, £7 per day, £3 on Sundays or £1.10/hour until 5pm when it becomes free. You can top-up by an app if it is left there more than one day. Be careful at the basement when exiting the car park - a sharp turn, the road drops sharply so you have no sight of the kerbs and its very narrow!)

The hotel looks like its been recently painted and generally in a good condition. There is a pleasant seating area and bar next to Reception.

The "Queen Room with sofa bed" was very clean with plenty of space, a big shower and decent (mainly quiet) air conditioning. Having an option of a sofa bed was useful, for a family stay. I also noticed a good adjustable office-type chair at the desk which would be great for business stays.

Breakfast was self-service and mostly good; the exception being the sausages! Not sausages as I know them! Very strange! It can get busy though and tables were in short supply. But a bonus is that breakfast is served until 11am on a weekend.
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$112
Free parking
View more hotels in Newcastle upon Tyne
2,075 results
All reviews train station great location waffle maker complimentary breakfast self service corner room city centre excellent hotel minute walk sofa bed car park top floor great shower beans buffet style cooked breakfast would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2019

I stayed with a group of colleagues - I'd booked us all into the same hotel - for an event nearby. In a hurry to leave, I left my 'phone charger plugged in beside the bed, and the charger for my work laptop on a 'table'. A colleague stayed an extra night and enquired the next morning but they had not been handed in. It should only have been the cleaning staff who had access to the room, so I was very annoyed at having to pay to buy new. I emailed but have had no response. In future, will book elsewhere

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2019

Since Newcastle is the largest city near Hadrian’s Wall, we stayed one night at the Hampton Inn. The hotel is on the small side but has a superb location. It is centrally located and right across the street from the train station. We could see the clock from our window! Our room which was on a corner, was quiet, modern, clean, spacious and had all of the amenities you would expect from Hampton. However, because it was made of plastic, the shower pan was a little slippery.

The complementary breakfast was really good. There was a choice of both hot and cold dishes as well as a nice selection of fruit. The breakfast room was clean and well maintained.

Finally, the staff was wonderful! We arrived in the early afternoon and they took care of our luggage until check-in time. Moreover, on the next day even after we had checked out, they also stored our luggage while we visited Hadrian’s Wall.

We would absolute stay again at this little gem of a hotel.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank GlobeTrotting778510
Reviewed 16 September 2019

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel while visiting the university open day. The room was very good, clean and quiet. The twin beds were excellent, each being 4ft, so really comfy. Staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast nice enough for a buffet style and plenty of choice. The location is excellent, literally opposite the station and with plenty of restaurants/bars in walking distance. About 30 min walk to University or 2 Metro stops. Would definitely stay here again if in Newcastle.

Reviewed 16 September 2019

Stayed at this hotel for one night. I’m a returning Hilton Gold guest and was having an evening out with my partner to visit the Theatre Royal.
Everything was ok until we came back to the hotel at 11pm an my partner was subjected to the security guard unfairly stopping them from entering the hotel unjustifiably. Despite me showing the room key, giving my room number & my name.
The hotel duty manager tried to blame me for the second guest name not being registered, despite me entering it in the online check in process in their app & they never questioned it further when both me & my partner arrived at reception to pick up a room key.
Despite raising a complaint verbally with the duty manager & an open complaint with Hilton Guest Assistance they have yet to formally respond after 24hrs.
What does this tell you about this hotel?
I will not tolerate a hotel treating me or my family in this way or trying to blame the customer for their inaccuracies.

5  Thank CHRIS H
Reviewed 15 September 2019 via mobile

Positives
- clean room and bathroom
- large room
- comfy bed with clean sheets

Negatives
- poor breakfast with not very nice tasting hot options
- loud on a Friday night as it is in party central
- no carpark on site