All reviews bunk beds free tea coffee big common area city centre train station walking distance lounge area rooms are clean location is great enjoyed my stay fantastic stay easy access definitely stay here again the great north run stayed here for one night dorm yates
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

We went here for our football tour 8 of us split into 4 rooms. It's just what we needed we had 2 lots of bunk beds in both rooms which were comfortable and you share the showers / toilet area but you could always get a shower easy without waiting. Deffo recommend if your on a low budget or just want a bed for a couple of nights on the piss. If you look after your room and key you get your £25 deposit back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Albatross H, Manager at Albatross Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Hello,

Thank you for leaving a review - it is always great to hear back from our guests!

We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay here and would recommend us to others.

Hopefully we see you and your guests here again!

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 3 nights. The hostel was super clean. The wifi worked great which is always good! It was nice that they provided tea and coffee. The staff were super friendly... all of them.
I will definitely stay here again if and when I come back to Newcastle.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Albatross H, Manager at Albatross Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Hi,

Thanks for leaving a review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay here and I will pass all of your comments on to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

The place is centrally located but unfortunately the walls are paper thin and the windows are really old. We were woken up several times during the night. Toilets were not v clean. Staff seemed polite enough.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tommy b

Hi,

Thanks for leaving a review. We are really sorry to hear that you encountered some issues during your stay. We are still going through a refurbishment here and I will pass on your comments to the Team in charge of this.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Fantastic little hostel ideally located within a few minutes walk of all major transport links. Right in the heart of the city in Grainger Town, easy access to all city centre attractions, shopping and dining as well as convenient to travel further afield being within spitting distance of the train station and metro.

Decor is a little quirky, with the likes of Steve Irwin stencilled on the walls, but was a pleasant building to be in.

Rooms were clean, comfortable beds and great shower and bathroom facilities. Only downside is that there are currently no lockers in the rooms to keep your stuff in, though there is a free to use secure lockup near reception. I had no qualms about leaving my stuff in my room though as the staff were ever present and the other guests were friendly, polite and generally didn't get any bad vibes.

Great kitchen facilities, dining area and common room with comfy seats, TV, and plenty of charging points for all the various electronic paraphernalia people travel with these days!

Free tea, coffee and toast as well as the ability to store your own food, though I barely used the kitchen as Newcastle is chock a block with great places to eat out. There is a take something, leave something tray for food and drink which I find quite nice, makes it feel more communal. Thanks to whoever left the Punk IPA (good taste), and I hope someone enjoys the Waitrose shortbread I left in return!

Staff were fantastic, friendly and professional. Almost felt like I was visiting friends rather than being a paying customer at a place of business. I found the other guests polite and friendly too, which is always important when travelling and staying in hostels.

Would definitely stay here again when I come back to Newcastle, great city, great hostel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Albatross H, Manager at Albatross Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

good morning
thank you for taking the time to write us a review we are glad you had a good stay with us we are currently in the process of adding lockers to the rooms and supplying wi-fi through out the hostel we are always trying to improve are service to are guests as we take all our guests comments on board we do hope you come back and see us when and if you return to Newcastle.
with kind regards
the albatross team

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

We only stayed for one night but was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, comfortable and warm. It's very basic and perfect for a cheap central stay in the city. The shared bathroom facilities could be better. The shower I used was cold and the water took an age to drain. Would I stay here again? No but that's just my opinion. Would I advise others to stay here? Yes I probably would to the right people.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Albatross H, Manager at Albatross Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I have passed on your comments regarding the showers and we are now looking into this issue.

Regards