1,332 results
All reviews afternoon tea noble suite garden room the main house junior suite underfloor heating beautiful hotel wedding venue fresh milk city centre birthday treat walk in shower full english sunday lunch following morning breakfast was excellent cooked breakfast
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I took advantage of the Valentines day offer of an overnight stay and the meal complete with champagne reception. The whole experience was amazing from start to finish. Check in was quick and easy and the bags were taken to the room which left my girlfriend and I time for a drink at the bar. We booked a junior suite which is over in the new house and at first was a bit disappointed as we wanted to stay in the main building however when we took the 10 second walk to the new building and checked out our room the disappointment was gone. It was amazing with french doors leading to a little garden area. We had a bit of a drama (girlfriend + dress = long story) in the room and ended up calling the staff for help. It was a bit comical really but they were excellent and I couldn't thank them enough for their help. The meal itself was beautiful and if you're into posh food this is the place to go. The turndown service complete with rose petals on the bed completly topped off a great night. All in all I'd recommend this hotel 100%. The price was reasonable for what we got and the warm attitude of the hotel staff is definitely its strongest asset.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2017

This is the second time we have stayed at Jesmond Dene House. I am from Northumberland originally, but now live in Buckinghamshire and travel up to visit family. For this last trip it was just me and my two sons (aged 4 & 6). We had a truly superb stay - the staff were wonderful, so genuine and decent and superb with my sons - particularly in the restaurant during breakfast. The rooms are great - very comfortable with everything one would need to hand.

Thank you all so much - we had an amazing time and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Our son bought a Virgin experience for two at Jesmond Dene House in Newcastle upon Tyne. We used our experience for Valentines' day and night stay. What an amazing time we had. Welcoming staff, fabulous food and a lovely room. Great car parking too. Not long enough though. We need to go again, maybe in the summer to appreciate the gardens.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor overlooking the gardens. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Absolutely amazing and every aspect was faultless. Customer service, food and accommodation all first class.

100% recommend people to stay. Attention to detail is exemplary, warm and welcoming staff team and amazing food worthy of Michelin star status.

Visit if you can.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The food was tasty, a little pricey but worth the money. Staff were lovely and helpful. Will be going back! Will probably stay overnight to check out the breakfast and lunch! The house is very pretty and we'll decorated.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple