All reviews bunk beds bottom bunk person room stag do laundry room city centre single room bar downstairs min walk family room would stay again stayed one night dormitory newcastle pounds ensuite plugs
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Hen party.....14 bed dormitory with ample bathroom facilities and a lounge area. Great decor....this was my first hostel stay and I have to say it exceeded my expectations so much plus it was very clean.
There is a residents laundry and also a kitchen but we ate breakfast in the bar. You each pay a £30 behaviour
bond which is returned in full on check out which is fair enough.
I would highly recommend this for a friends get together, we found it ideal. Staff were helpful and friendly too.
Situated centrally to all that is going on, reception will order taxis whenever needed.

Stayed: October 2016
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Hi Wigg331

Many thanks for taking some time out to provide feedback on your stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and also that you managed to experience the hospitality of The Ware Rooms at some point.

Thanks very much for your review and I sincerely hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Second visit, no problems at all, big room, no noise, nice wooden floors, friendly staff, will book again, good location, room has everything you need, bed was comfortable, even parked car right outside.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Paul S, General Manager at Euro Hostel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Hi Wreckingbaw

Thanks very much for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was very pleased to see you have stayed with us before and hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Next time you're booking ask about our BOOM! rooms.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Arrived on Friday afternoon with 8 other males and first impressions was that it was a nice hotel and suitable to put the head down for sleep. How wrong were we!

Saturday night and our last night there. A few lads had went out into town while others had an early night. Around 3am the fellas came home and as you do before entering a hotel due to the non-smoking rules in place, a few of them had a cigarette before going to their room. Not long after that, we heard a lot of noise in the corridor and to our disbelief, it was the duty manager with his walkie talkie. When we asked him to keep the noise down or whoever it was, we were greeted with a serious attitude from this guy. When doing so, the manager guy then proceeded to accuse us of smoking in the room when in fact, nobody had been and this chap probably got a smell of smoke from the guys who had been out the front prior to this happening. He then went onto say that he could see smoke about the room which I find totally laughable because for starters, I'm a non smoker and have been for 8 weeks and I wouldn't let anyone smoke around me in my house never mind in a small hostel room. The security guy then went and checked the window and said he saw ash on the window sill. Baffling to think that we would just flick our ash inside a building and send the place up in smoke!

For an hour and a half, this manager guy threatened to evict us if we didn't pay £100 due to ''smoking'' in the room. When we refused, one lad was threatened to be removed from the building by the security guy. The night managers language towards ourselves was absolutely disgraceful and for a manager to chat too guests in the way he did was totally out of order. Some of the language isn't appropriate to put on here but he tried to say thats the way he was spoken too the night before but that was down to a mis-understanding when he was told to keep the noise down because he was walking along the corridors with his crackling walkie talkie DIRECTLY outside our room!

Around half 5 the police arrived to remove us and after we had a breif chat with the officers they fully understood where we were coming from and once we had left our rooms with our bags, one officer actually went as far as offering to pay the £100 fine for us in order to get our £30 bonding fee back that we actually needed in order to get home that day with food and travel wise.

Kicked out at around 5.30am with teenagers amongst our group in a big city like Newcastle and all because we got accused of something we didn't do!

This hotel would be absolutely ideal if it could sort out its problems with the 2 statements that have been put up here. £600 this place made within a day and half in bonding fees for what....absolutely nothing! Stay clear of this place!

8  Thank David L
Reviewed 10 October 2016

This is a very basic place to lay your head when exploring Newcastle.

The best thing about this place is it's location, pretty central and all the main attractions/night life are a short walk away.

The rooms themselves are standard hostel fare and the downstairs has a lively pub (Don't try the food!)

Security is pretty tight, any loud parties seemed to be shut down pretty quickly and they had a zero tolerance policy for people wanting to get aggressive.

Would definitely recommend for stags parties etc. but not too much else!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Hi spex88

Thanks for providing a review on our business after your stay.

I was somewhat disappointed by your overall review.

Our location is very central and its ideal for those wanting to see the city and its attractions (literally one minute's walk).

As I want to ensure that everyone has a great stay (not just our young groups) there is a strict policy in place regarding behaviour and noise. Whenever possible I take every measure to ensure ALL guests are respected and those causing distruption are addressed accordingly.

Thanks again for your comments. Thy're very much appreciated.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We were going to an event nearby, so we only stayed for 1 night, but it was everything we needed, just at a discounted price. 3 of us shared one big room. The hostel was clean, safe and had friendly staff. We will definitely be staying here again next time we're are up in Newcastle.

Hi Jane H

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your experiences whilst staying with us at Euro Hostel Newcastle.

I was very pleased to read your comments and I hope you will come and see us again soon.