2,133 results
All reviews tyne bridge great location sunday market the underground car park meal deal city centre thyme restaurant fourth floor family room bars and restaurants per night good nights sleep excellent stay night's sleep reception staff stayed here for one night friday night
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Aaron B, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Very good value for money, Bedrooms clean, quiet and comfortable and a great location right on the river Tyne close to a lot of great pubs restaurants and local attractions, all staff friendly and attentive

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
2  Thank Russell K
Aaron B, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi Russell, I hope you are well.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, this is kindly appreciated.

I am over the moon that you had such a nice time with us and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The corridors creek and the rooms are even worse. Average bath, standard king bed(lumpy) friendly staff rescued this from a 1/2 star review. Dinner not too bad(portions small) especially after long journey from London. Would of liked a room with a better bathroom. But couldn’t complain on the whole.

Best part - breakfast and dinner.

Worst part - seagulls screaming all night on the bridge next to it. Lumpy bed, crap bathrooms, carpets which need changing ASAP. And floor boards which squeak wherever you walk.

Will look to book at Malmaison further down in future.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ElHeffe123

Hi, I hope you are well.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, this is greatly appreciated.

I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us, please accept my apologies for the shortfalls you experienced and will pass your feedback on to my head office team to consider when planning future refurbishments.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A reasonable stay. If you are looking for a couple of nights just to put your head down, a base for exploring then it's good value for money. If you are looking for something more than this then I've stayed in more modern, aesthetically appealing Premier Inns. Got the feeling that they were short staffed as those that were working seem to be rushing round and when this happens the small but important pleasantries go out the window. Expected to see Basil Faulty to come around the corner at any moment.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi, I hope you are well.

Thank you for your review, this is greatly appreciated.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay on the whole and as we are such a popular hotel, it can mean that my team themselves get particularly busy at times however I will ensure that future staffing levels are reviewed to better meet the needs of my guests where possible.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Before I start I'd just like to point out that TripAdvisor ratings should be based on reasonable expectations of the venue. That is, an excellent two star hotel could get a five star rating on TripAdvisor; conversely, a five star hotel that fails to live up to its reputation could justly be awarded one or two stars on TripAdvisor. And let's be clear, Premier Inns are three star establishments. But I find they usually deserve four or five stars for meeting all my expectations of an economy class hotel.

Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside is ideally located a stone's throw from the quay, with its historic Sunday market. A few hundred yards down the River Tyne is the Millennium Bridge opposite Baltic Gateshead, and where there are several bars and restaurants. Just up the hill towards the city centre are a number of other cafes, tea rooms, bars and restaurants.

There is a secure underground car park (be sure to book in advance; it costs £7 for 24 hours). The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Our room (241), although booked for two, was a large family room with a king-size bed and a couch. It had a magnificent view across the River Tyne that took in (left to right) the Baltic and Sage Gateshead, the St Mary's Heritage Centre and the magnificent Tyne Bridge, with its nesting kittiwakes. There was plenty of storage, with hanging space and shelves - more than in many Premier Inns. There was a kettle, hair dryer and small digital TV. The bathroom was sufficient in size, with a bath and over-bath shower. Fresh, fluffy towels are provided.

We used the in-house Thyme restaurant on the first of our two evenings. Service was enthusiastic, the food came quickly, my wife's steak and my battered haddock and chips were well cooked, all at a reasonable price. The breakfasts were as good as they come, served buffet-style but with porridge and eggs cooked to order.

So why not five stars? Well, the place clearly needs renovation (which I believe will happen soon). The building is listed, and has only just been provided with (very effective) double glazing. Unfortunately, the outside of the windows were quite dirty, which somewhat spoiled the wonderful view. The bath water on our first night was not quite hot enough - I reported it in the morning and it was sorted by the afternoon, but it should have been right first time.

I have no hesitation in recommending this Premier Inn as a wonderfully located economy hotel, for business or leisure.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve7887
Aaron B, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Steve, I hope you are well.

Thank you for your rounded and very detailed review, this is kindly appreciated.

I am really pleased that you had such a nice time with us and will most certainly pass on your feedback regarding the building itself to my head office team to consider when planning future refurbishments.

Thanks again for taking the time out to share your review and I hope to see you soon.