All reviews living room heavy suitcases rooms are beautifully decorated confirm the booking between floors complimentary bottles of water perfect location upgraded to a suite massive bathroom bath mat bars and restaurants asked reception theatre royal fabulous stay recently stayed here city centre hotel lovely hotel
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The hotel is in a lovely old building - rooms great for the price and well maintained. The best thing about the place is the lovely staff - couldn't be more helpful. A really welcoming experience. The architecture of the hotel is lovely as is the whole street. Very handy location for the Metro and Train Station and just down the road from the Theatre.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem nice
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
The Malhotra G, Manager at Grey Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time in writing your review following your recent stay.
The team are delighted with your very kind words and are pleased you found them welcoming and helpful.
We are all very privileged to work on such a lovely street and we enjoy the architecture every day on our walk into work.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Grey Street Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated in the perfect location just a short walk to any part of the city you want to explore. It is right next to a busy main junction and I was worried this would mean a noisy room, our room looked onto the junction yet it was totally silent!
There have been a few comments about the layout of the hotel with extra little stairs here and there, we had a few tiny flights to negotiate after a few drinks but it was fine. The hotel is in a listed building so the layout can't be adjusted but they have worked well with what they have. Our room was cosy and cute, well decorated in a boutique style.
We didn't use any other facilities on site although were told about them by the staff.
Most of the staff were great and really friendly, the chap that first have us our keys etc was like a robot though, he didn't seem to have any happy emotion. It was our first visit and we were a bit giddy, I normally ask reception staff in a new city where they recommend to visit etc but I didn't want to bother this chap he seemed so preoccupied with work and didn't see us as part of the job he needs to learn how to engage with visitors a bit that's all!
Other than that it was great I would 1p0% recommend and stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit to Grey Street Hotel.
With the Hotel been as you said a grade 2 listed building the quicker layout is a special feature along with our great location, and pleased our triple glazing blocked out all the traffic noise.
Apologies you found the chap on reception more like a robot, i will investigate this further as this is not our usual feedback on our team members.
It's also great to to hear you would recommend us and stay again, with which I look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful experience. The new refurbishment has been carried out to a high standard but is in keeping with the nature of this glorious old and majestic building. The location is excellent. The rooms are beautiful and the staff very efficient and helpful. Really enjoyed our stay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5star review following your recent stay here at Grey Street Hotel.
Delighted you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed our newly refurbished hotel.
We hope you see you again soon, maybe on your next birthday.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I arrived in the Grey St Hotel at 10am, with no reservation, having come off a flight I had only just managed to catch, having heard in the early hours of the morning that my daughter was in labour in the nearby hospital with our first grandchild. To say I was pretty agitated was an understatement! I told the girls on Reception why I needed a room, and they were quick to reassure me - they were going to sort me out, and boy did they do that! I only needed a basic room for the night and to drop off my bag, but they checked me in immediately and not only that - they upgraded me to a suite! So I was in the hospital waiting area half an hour later, with beautiful accommodation organised, to hear the very best of news from my son-in-law. I dashed back to the hotel later to change while the new mum was resting, and shared the news with the Reception staff. When I went back to the hotel that night to go to bed, there was a signed Congratulations card from the staff on my dressing table, with a little pot of sweets tied up with a bow. I still feel tearful thinking about it! Such kindness and warmth. I will never forget the whole day and it is a story I tell everyone. (The hotel is lovely, by the way, and it feels extremely safe for a solo woman traveller.) Thank you again to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank pollym287

Thank you ever so much for taking the time in writing such a lovely review following your stay at Grey Street Hotel.
I remember your visit very well and it was a pleasure to be a part of such a special occasion and congratulations again on the birth of your grandchild.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Brilliant place to stay, great location, fantastic staff, amazing spa, we had lovely treatments. The Cocktails in the living room are to die for. Would highly recommend the Grey Street hotel. I will definitely be back again soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, it's great to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and had time to enjoy the lovely relaxing Spa.
I will pass your comments on to the Living Room Restaurant with regards their cocktails and I agree they are to die for.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Grey Street Hotel, hopefully very soon,