“Fun place to go when the sun comes out and for a game off pull”
Review of The Hancock

The Hancock
Ranked #564 of 1,386 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: British, Grill, Brew Pub
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Improvement can be made with hygiene and the girls toilets. Nachos are yummy and good portions. Also hood to watch the football

General Manager A, Manager at The Hancock, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

We appreciate all reviews, and appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Had a pint of strongbow which tasted off and ordered sweet chilli chicken wrap which took over 30 minutes to arrive when it wasnt even busy. The wrap had hardly any chicken and was stuffed full of lettuce, it was very dry. The side salad that came with it was drowned in dressing and was very disappointing.

Scott B, Manager at The Hancock, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reviewing The Hancock, we appreciate all feedback good and bad!

Firstly, my apologies for your unfulfilling visit to The Hancock, my staff should have asked you if you are enjoying your food and given you the opportunity to have your meal and drink replaced on the day.

The Strongbow has recently been deep cleaned by specialists so your comments that it tastes off is very surprising. We are always willing to replace drinks so please dont hesitate to return the in the future. As for timing and quality of you meal I can only apologise again and hand on your comments to the kitchen team.

If you would like to have your items refunded or replaced please contact Scott on 0191 2815653 or email bun175641@mbplc.com.

Regards and apologies,

Scott GM

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Arrived at 12.30 and found the place practilly empty, so no trouble finding a seat. The bar was noticibly chilly but we decided to stay. My fiancée chose the steak and ale pie and I went for the mixed grill. After ordering the food and paying the bar man stated a 20 minute wait. The food arrived after 35 minutes.
While my fiancée enjoyed her meal my mixed grill arrived not very hot and the steak over cooked black as were the sausages. I left most of the steak as it was inedible and the cast iron plate was swimming in grease. As the food was not very hot on arrival it cooled quickly. We won’t be going back for sure.

Scott B, General Manager at The Hancock, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Hello Billy,

Thank you for taking your time to review The Hancock, we appreciate all feedback good or bad!

I can only apologise that you found your visit highly unsatisfactory. I appreciate your comments and taken them on board so we can improve our food quality and service speed.

I did ask you on the day if you were enjoying your food (to which I was given a postive respose) giving me no opportunity to replace or refund your requested "well done" mixed grill, which I would have been more than happy to do!!!! If you would like us to replace both meals and drinks please contact us - Email - bun175641@mbplc.com. Phone - 0191 2815653.

Regards,

Scott B GM

Reviewed 30 December 2017

A long queue because Assistants were emptying dishwasher and polishing cutlery. Half menu not available or substituted by inferior ingredients at 1.00pm. Goujons instead of fish, with horrible chips and a baked potato over cooked and looked as if it had been cooked the day or even week before.

Scott B, General Manager at The Hancock, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time to review The Hancock. We appreciate feedback good and bad!

I understand your frustration at having to wait at the bar for long periods of time, but sometimes this cannot be helped, it happens in every busy bar and will continue to happen long into the future. We do have to wash glasses and cutlery throughout the day but perhaps the timing was poor on this occasion. I cannot have 10 staff on every day just in case as I'm sure you can understand.

As for the full menu not being available..... We are predominately cater for students, who are on holiday, so our trade on food drops to around 20% of what we do during term time. To limit unnecessary wastage of perfectly good food we limit some dishes on our menu.

As for the food quality I can only apologise and we will strive to improve in the future. My staff should have checked that you were enjoying your food so we could have provided an alternative on the day.

Regards,

Scott GM

Reviewed 8 December 2017

went in here for a drink
staff very friendly
busy place especially for students
u can have a meal also
the toilets are so lovely in here

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit Janice, thank you!!