1,165 results
All reviews wet room train station floor to ceiling windows city centre budget hotel free wifi modern hotel air con rooms are small family room superior room excellent location short stay would stay again few minutes walk bunk beds booked this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Check in was friendly and quick. The room was basic in a modern way. Liked the huge window. Could've been better lighting in the room couldn't really see very well to do my hair. Shower was ok. We paid quite a lot for a one night stay probably because it was a Saturday but it's really overpriced for what you get. Not even a proper chair in the room. Had a good night's sleep though and wasn't disturbed by outside noise. Would stay again if could get it cheaper but it's pretty average.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wasn’t convinced this was going to be anything good as it’s right next to the train station and so cheap!
I was wrong and pleasantly surprised! Rooms are nothing fancy and I had an amazing view of a brick wall and the station car park but - bed was comfy and it was all reasonably clean. Had a hairdryer and all the usual kettle and tea and coffee.
Despite being so close to the station it was quiet and I slept ok.
Nice little touches like the ice lemon water and free cookies at reception. Breakfast was good too!
If you are on a budget this is an amazing little stay! I’m hoping to stay at the scotland one soon!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Room was average, good shower, multi-channel TV and a very comfy double bed. Breakfast was cheap but excellent, staff very attentive and very welcoming, always happy to assist. Only criticism was the room I was provided (109) faced onto the street and I could hear the traffic and party revellers well into the early hours. I'm sure that the rooms not facing the street would be fine. If only there was further glazing to reduce / prevent the noise then this would be a higher rating. The staff made showers available post race to shower and change. As I say, the staff were first class.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face out onto the main street. ie ask for an even number as the odd numbers face out onto the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I stayed at Sleeperz for three nights whilst attending a conference in Newcastle, staying in room 201, and was generally impressed by the standard of the accommodation. My room was clean and comfortable, the food was fine and the staff were helpful (I arrived before the check-in time and, although my room was not available, they were happy to look after my luggage whilst I visited the local sights).
Although the hotel is near to the railway station, I was not disturbed by noise from the trains. Nor was I disturbed by noise from the night clubs (which was a problem when I stayed at the nearby Royal Station Hotel).
The only niggle I had was that there was a bright street light outside my window that was not completely blocked by the curtains but it didn't affect my sleep.
I would recommend this hotel and will certainly consider staying there again next time I am in Newcastle.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel with a great location in the centre of Newcastle. The rooms were small but had everything you need. We stayed for the Great North Run and they were very accommodating. Holding our bags on the day of the race, providing a complimentary shower room after we finished and giving out free water.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple