“Honest Review - Poor Food”
Review of Mrs Ali's - CLOSED

Mrs Ali's
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2015 via mobile

We arrived for a friends Birthday with a group of 8. The table was two tables pretty much stuck together ( round ) which made this awkward for the guests on the corner as they had their backs to each other. I ordered Tikka starter which was awful, the chicken was dry and chewy with a very rubber taste. My main was a mild chicken curry which I am sure got mixed up as this was very spicy and I had to order a jug of water ! The chicken again was very chewy and loaded with sauce. My other guests seem to enjoy their food. I would not return due to taste and quality. Seems to have pretty good reviews but much better Indians around.

Reviewed 16 December 2014

Ordered from just eats from this restaurant, I understand places are busy but don't take the order if you can't fulfil it in time. Food arrived 2-30 hrs after ordered and what a nice gesture of a free can of coke for an apology. My wife drank the coke whilst I had a beer. Next day the wife's ill, looked at the coke can and 12 months out of date!!! That is just disgraceful, I wonder what they serve in the restaurant to unaware customers. I for one won't be going here because if a can of coke is out of date it makes you wonder about everything else.
Rang up and got a "thanks for telling us"
Hahaha

What a joke....please think twice before going here.

Reviewed 23 November 2014

Really, for the price, you can't beat it. Decent curry and an absolute bargain really if you go on a Thursday or Sunday.

Reviewed 5 November 2014

I had been to this restaurant with a few friends and we all ordered from the special menu which worked out as £10 per person including drinks.
Curry was pleasant and good value for money, but would recommend on going elsewhere for a special occasion.

Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

I was stopping in Newcastle on business and this restaurant was the closest to the Holiday Inn where I was staying.

As it was a Sunday night they had a special offer of an inclusive meal including a glass of wine for less than 12.00 which was great value for money.

Will return on my next visit to Newcastle