Stayed at the hotel over the weekend for one night.
- The area the hotel is in is really nice and feels safe
- The hotel itself is inviting, the reception is very nicely decorated
- The price is good for the area
- The room was clean and well presented
- Free wifi (although did not use this personally)
- By far my biggest complaint is that the room was absolutely freezing and the radiator did not turn on. They would not give us another room. I had to put on all of my clothing (coat included!) before I could sleep. Very uncomfortable and woke up exhausted.
- Walk to train station into Newcastle centre is about 10-15 minutes, so only suitable for those who are physically fit
- We were put on top floor only to find there is no lifts, had to walk up about 4-5 sets of steps (I'm only in my twenties and very healthy, but I struggled & found it very tiring!)
- Whilst the main lights in the room worked, the ones next to our beds didn't. To see, we had to go in the dark to the other side of the room for the main light switch and fumble around for it which was impossible as we weren't used to the layout.
- The plugs are away from the mirror, so if you want to style hair etc it's impossible
- Shower very weak making it impossible to wash hair properly. No bath.
- The staff were a bit distant. When entering the hotel ready for bed, the staff member did not greet us but demanded to know my hotel number as if I were trying to sneak in which was hardly a great first impression
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Jesmond Hotel, a small hotel near Newcastle Upon Tyne with a personal touch. Whether for business or pleasure, our central location with its welcoming and relaxed atmosphere is perfect for visitors to Newcastle & Gateshead as well as the wider region. We pride ourselves on excellent customer care, giving individual attention to all of our guests and ensuring a very high standard of service throughout the hotel. The Jesmond Hotel is a small private hotel with 15 rooms and a welcoming lounge bar. The hotel is situated in leafy Jesmond, with excellent transport links to nearby Newcastle city centre and within walking distance of the shops, bars and restaurants of this elegant suburb. The hotel is staffed 24 hours a day and our bar is open until midnight if guests require. Free parking is available on a first come first serve basis (Permits given on check-in) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Jesmond Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jesmond Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne