“The nicest soup! ”

Ranked #114 of 1,386 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

This place is a great little treat. On my last visit I had a butternut squash and chilli soup which was out of this world. Every time I come here the food is outstanding. You also always get brilliant service service and the drinks range is great. There is something for everyone here.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Great food, good staff and rustic atmosphere. However, the changing room does not have a bin... I had to throw my baby's nappy in a bin just outside of the bistrot.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Fabulous sandwiches, lovely scones and yummy cakes all topped with good service. Been here several times and enjoyed each and every time.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Although the food selection and quality is generally very good, with some excellent vegetarian options, sometimes the service can be a little inattentive and perhaps bordering on unfriendly. I have been here quite a few times and find sometimes service is excellent but other times lacking.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

I was given an afternoon tea voucher as a gift and popped in today to try it! What a smashing quirky place and to jump ahead the best pot of coffee we've had in ages. It was quite busy at 3pm but we got a table very quickly. In innocence I was expecting table service for ordering but you need to go to the till point to order. There was a short delay but that gave us a chance to people watch...
The afternoon tea was lovely, a selection of four varieties of sandwich, lovely fruit scones with jam cream butter , you could have cheese, plus a selection of cake slices. All were lovely but the carrot cake was the best, the others a little sweet for my taste but I was full anyway haha. As I said the coffee was very good and we were supplied with a top up at no extra cost. All in all a lovely experience will certainly return for lunch.