All reviewsdressing roomfour postercontinental breakfastshared bathroomthe main houseinteresting place to staymetro centrefloor boardsyogurttwin roomrelaxing staytea coffee making facilitiesplenty of hot waterbeautiful hotelcomfortable bedflat screen tvstayed one night
Reviewed 22 April 2017

This is an odd little place with some lovely features but on no account would l return after the way i was treated. Both myself and my colleague couldn't get WiFi on our second night. I asked for help when this happened but was told to try switching it on and off which i did. At breakfast i politely mentioned this. I was told it must be my problem in a dismissive and challenging way. Then sat down at the table in full view of other guests one of the proprietors returned and accused me of lying. i was shocked and almost in tears and said i was finding this very upsetting. He replied so was he. I had to leave the room. When i left no apology was made. I travel a lot on business and have never had this sort of experience and can't ever remember leaving a negative review on this site before.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank alison c
joedog1, Owner at Hedgefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

So sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay. However, events didn't happen exactly as described.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I discovered this place by chance on a web search. What a pleasant change from the bland and functional hotels I usually stay in. It's a large guest house really, but with total privacy, set in beautiful gardens which extend a long way at the back. The building has history being the first place where a telephone call was ever made and is attractive inside and out.

The room was good and there was a good spread for the continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Even rooms at the front look over a large garden and the road is shielded by a tall stone wall.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Our room was clean and comfortable,breakfast was delicious served by a very friendly young man.The grounds are beautiful and very peaceful.
As a visitor from Canada I will definitely recommend this taste of British hospitality.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I recently got a new job doing Cabin Crew, so I had to come down to Newcastle for 4 weeks for training. I chose this hotel because of the great reviews it already had, but also I have never been away from home before, so it was really important that I felt at home with the hotel I was going to. On arrival the grounds are beautiful! On the odd occasion I saw deer and other wildlife which was spectacular! The owner David introduced himself, he was very warm and welcoming, and if i needed anything, just to let them know.

My room was super comfortable! it was warm, bright and very well decorated! The bed was very comfortable also. There was never any noise, or disturbances either. Also along the corrider was two bathrooms, and also one down the stairs aswell. Within the whole 4 weeks of my stay, never once did I have to wait on a bathroom which was great! My room was cleaned everyday to a great standard aswell.

The breakfast was also very nice, there was a different selection of cerals to choose from, and also a choice of hot croissants, and toast also. I never managed to get the breakfast waiters name, but he was lovely, catering to every single need, and making you feel at home. He also brung me cakes on a sunday from a local bakery which was a really nice touch!

My stay was brilliant here, I never usually use trip advsior, or one to write reviews, but this hotel was definitely worth it! on my last day, I had breakfast, and then checked out. It was really sad because I had stayed here for 4 weeks, and was very sad to leave. David the owner, and the breakfast waiter had went out there way, and this was the cherry on the cake- got me a bottle of champagne, and beautiful belgin chocolates and wished me well in my new career. I was so overwhelmed with now being qualified in my new job, and a lovely touch with this gift.

Absolutley amazing hotel, and a 5 star property, with 5 star staff! Highly recomended, and I will be sure to stay again the next time I am in Newcastle!

Chelsea x

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Room, service, setting all excellent. I will definitely be back. I had an ensuite room which was immaculate and spacious. In addition the grounds, peace and tranquility make this a very special place. Thank you once again From Hazel

Room Tip: All rooms are very good.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo