Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
USDĀ 88
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USDĀ 98/night.

The Vermont Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
USDĀ 106
USDĀ 87
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USDĀ 101/night.

Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
USDĀ 68
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USDĀ 80/night.

Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
USDĀ 101
USDĀ 91
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
USDĀ 66
HIExpress.com
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
USDĀ 90
USDĀ 88
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USDĀ 116/night.

Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
USDĀ 86
Priceline
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
USDĀ 74
Priceline
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
USDĀ 79
USDĀ 69
  • Pool
Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
USDĀ 55
galahotels.com
1,135 results
All reviewsroll top bathmonsoon showermezzanine levelfree standing bathcigar shackmezzanine bathroomnespresso machinehuge walk in showersister hotelwedding nightcity centrehuge bedlovely hoteldeluxe roombeautiful roommini baran upgrade
Reviewed 5 April 2018

So I have reviewed this hotel before and was genuinely delighted by how amazing it was. You can imagine, I was keen to stay again on my next outing in Newcastle and it did not disappoint.
This time, I had a standard room, not the fancy suite (boo!) but I have no complaints about it. The room, whilst a little too warm for me, was large and quiet and had everything I needed to make my stay comfortable.
I ordered room service and had the roast cod loin with lentils....incredible!
The difference this time was breakfast.
The staff serving this morning were exceptional and I am annoyed that I failed to take their names.
Hearing the chef shout "service, please" made me smile. Not barking orders like most chefs.
I wasn't rushed, everything was explained to me and the Arnold Bennett Omlette....WOW...simply amazing!
I absolutely must make an effort to try other Hotel du Vins in the future, simply to compare.
Its a known fact that the Geordies are the friendliest people but they really do make such a difference to what is already an amazing hotel.
I know now that when in Newcastle, I will not stay anywhere else. It's pleasing to see that my first stay wasn't an anomoly.
Bravo Hotel du Vin Newcastle. Bravo.

Room Tip: Any of them - literally all gorgeous. The suites are exceptional but you won't be disappointed with the standard rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
HDVAdamGreen, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Wannabe1day

Thank you very much for sharing your very kind review.

It is great to read that as a regular guest, the team and the hotel keep on exceeding your expectations. We are truly fortunate to have a fantastic hotel which is expertly kept meticulous by our Maintenance and Housekeeping Teams. The front of house team we really bring the hotel to life with attentive service and natural hospitality. Kudos must also go to Craig our superstar breakfast chef, who delivers quality and consistency every day.

I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with the team and very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I was really looking forward to our stay here. I left feeling disappointed. Difficult to pin point why? The welcome reception was good, the woman who booked us in was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately our first room had some issues, offered two alternative rooms quickly. New room was nice with exposed brick, we slept ok. Breakfast was just ok, sausage was very grizzly. The experience just ok which left me just feeling slightly cheated. Sorry I canā€™t rate it any better. I would say my disappointment was down to how average it all was. I guess other HDVs I have visited have been more luxurious.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank burnsm

Dear Burnsm

Many thanks for your feedback.

It is disappointing to read that you felt underwhelmed following your recent stay with us. Without knowing your expectations it is hard to quantify where we actually fell short, as it would seem that the team did their upmost to allocate a room that fit your needs.

The hotel offers so much to help make a stay memorable. Our bistro is fantastic and new classics menu has been very well received, coupled with an award winning team it is hard to beat in Newcastle. I would also highly recommend a wine tasting experience in our unique Laroche tasting room with our amazing sommelier David Burlton. We have nothing but amazing feedback for these tatstings.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon to Newcastle or any other Hotel du Vin.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for our wedding anniversary in one of the deluxe double rooms and it was wow! LOVED the huge walk in shower and roll top bath, huge comfy bed and lots of space. The perfect place to unwind and relax.
We had the bed, breakfast and dinner option - evening meal was really nice, great food, great potion sizes and service was excellent. We did find the menu situation a little confusing when the hubby wanted to order off the set menu - the waiter did his best to explain the bill and it was fine.
Breakfast was excellent - fresh orange juice, lattes at no additional cost (some places charge extra if itā€™s not a filter coffee), avocado and poached eggs, omelettes all yummy.
Lovely and relaxed area to sit and have drinks and the outdoor space looked nice (it rained throughout our stay but I imagine itā€™s a great place in the summer).
20 minute walk into town and lots of nice bars and places to eat along the quayside.
Would have been nice if there was some complimentary water in rooms but other than that, excellent service from all staff and we will definitely visit again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Cuckleburn

Many thanks for your kind review.

It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay and we look like to further extend our best wishes on your Anniversary.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I enjoy staying at the Hotel du Vin as the rooms are comfy and itā€™s a generally a good stay. Itā€™s a good location and the staff are welcoming.

There is also a good offering of Gluten and Dairy free for breakfast.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Lynn

Many thanks for your kind review.

It is always nice to hear from regular guests and we are pleased that style and customer service keep bringing you back.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I stayed here recently for three nights on business and had a very good stay - the hotel's in a convenient spot near the Quayside just a little down from the millennium bridge so you can walk back to bars and restaurants around there very quickly.

Reception was great, very friendly and I was impressed by the room - really spacious with a huge bed, great bathroom, all really well appointed and with all the bits you'd hope to find like teas, coffees etc.

Parking's a bit limited - there's two separate areas at the front of the hotel and then a little extra space near some gates - but it worked out fine for the duration of my stay and I left the car there while on business in Newcastle.

The hotel bar is a nice cosy space, the restaurant was great for breakfast but I didn't try it for dinner so can't comment there.

There's only one thing that I wasn't so keen on about this hotel and it's that I didn't get a great night's sleep. Generally, the place seemed pretty quiet and yet in the middle of the night I did find myself getting woken up by people walking the corridor either to the side of my room or above. I never quite worked it out but it was the one frustration here - it was noisy at night but not with music/banging/shouting - it was just the floorboards creaking as people seemed to wander around at 3 or 4 in the morning. It happened a couple of nights that I was there.

That's my only minor complaint and I daresay it wouldn't happen if I revisited - I was perhaps just unlucky that someone with insomnia was prowling the corridors when I was staying. I'd happily return.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mike

Many thanks for your review and feedback.

It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us on your recent business trip.

We will certainly look into the feedback on creaky floorboards. I'm pleased to inform you this isn't something that is flagged on a regular occurrence, however we do want all of our guests to have an enjoyable and comfortable nights sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.