“Pre theatre meal”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Manors
Description: Italian at heart, the mood at the Quayside Caffe Vivo is lively, the style relaxed. Cafe by day, simple supper place at night, it's food is honest, joyful and full of sunshine.
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed pork dish and risotto starter. Good service and staff very helpful. Needed the full two hours to have 3 courses, party of 12

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Trying to find somewhere different to go to eat in Newcastle and a friend was surprised to find out that I had never been here before. Decided to give it a try. Loved the look and feel of the place as soon as we arrived. The waitress was friendly and welcoming. Plenty of choice on the a la carte and fixed price menus. 2 ordered from the set menu but I couldn't resist the sound of the calamari from the main menu. Bread arrived with our wine and it was delicious. Starters arrived soon after and the calamari was one of the best that I had. Main courses followed soon after and the lamb chops were just as good as the starter and the braised beef looked just as good. Didn't have much room left but as the others were having a pudding, I opted for a Sorbetto. Light and fresh, just perfect.Wine choices and prices were good. Overall with the meal with a bottle of wine came to £100. Great food. Great Staff. Great setting. Great prices.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

My son and I have just returned from a meal at this restaurant which, from the moment we stepped through the door and were warmly greeted by Matt, was absolutely wonderful. The service was courteous and discrete, the food beautifully cooked, the desserts especially outstanding and the wine, Pieno Sud Blanc from Sicily, brilliant value for money - delightful to drink and a perfect match for our food. Sorry it has taken us so long to return, but we will be back very soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Squid then steak, both cooked perfectly.
This restaurant does the simple Italian dishes that make you feel like you are in Italy.
The ambience and service is lovely.
A faultless experience that has the reassurance of being consistently excellent.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Another amazing meal, it's been a few years since i was last here and it's everything i remember.

I had the scallops and my girlfriend the squid for starter... faultless, i did have a bit good envy on this one though... the squid was the best i've seen (and tasted).

For main, i had the calves liver... not something i would normally go for but i wasn't disappointed... my girlfriend has a seafood kebab; fresh prawns, scallops monk fish and something else (i can't remember) a meal she throughly enjoyed.

The service is always friendly, staff always happy to explain the menu and recommend wines. I just love this place!