“Fantastic Experience - Definitely Recommend”

George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle
Price range: USD 12 - USD 26
Description: A Good & Proper Place for Proper British Grub, Premium British Gins & Vodkas, beach Hut antics & Jolly Good Times!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Headed to Newcastle for the Great North Run looking for somewhere to go for our standard pre Great North Run 'stodge-up' feast before the big day. I saw this place was running a discount offer for GNR participants, and having not heard of the brand before decided to give it a try. Promptly seated and served by Megan who recommended the Saveloy Pie. My friend went for the chicken waffles. The waffles had me jealous for sure-what a portion!!! That was until I began digging into my pie, I found a lovely surprise in a bed of mushy peas layering? A pie case. Beautiful! One of the best takes on a pie I've ever had. Great meal and should I be running the GNR next year I will definitely be returning.

GeorgesGroup, General Manager at George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Joe R,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit during Great North Run weekend. Its great to see you chose Georges Great British Kitchen as your fuelling station before the big run!
I'm delighted you enjoyed our famous Geordie Saveloy Pie and the service received by Megan. Ill certainly be sharing your feedback with the team hre and do hope you return next year to fuel up once more for another half marathon!

Many thanks,

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Food and drinks with friends before the theatre. Been here a few times and never had a bad experience.
The waitress took our order for drinks and the cocktails arrived almost instantly.
Our food was delicious as always and could not fault the quality or service even though we were a large group.
I'm always too full to have dessert but stole a doughnut from the dessert platter and these were amazing.
See you again soon :)

GeorgesGroup, General Manager at George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi DonnaS,

Thank you for taking your time to post this great review about your recent pre theatre outing to Georges Great British Kitchen Newcastle.
I'm delighted to see the service and the food you received was faultless and I hope your party enjoyed your show at the theatre. I would of course - despite Theatre Royal's performance - like to think we stole the show that evening ;)

I hope you will be vivisting us againh soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Seeing as though my email got no response.

So, for my girlfriends birthday I booked us a nice hotel in Newcastle for the night planning on doing shopping, food and of course drinks. After being dragged around half of Newcastle into almost every shop we got quite an appetite, we couldn’t decide on anywhere to eat just like any other couple. After looking everywhere and getting more hangry we came across “George’s great British kitchen” which looked great! Very quirky and different, we got seated straight away which was great. We decided to get two cocktails for £8, result. Anyway four cocktails arrived which I questioned but apparently I misread the menu and you can’t mix and match which it did state I just didn’t see it. The young girl said “well I can take two off you” didn’t seem fussed at all like she didn’t want to deal with it but I thought it’s not the end of the world I’ll just keep them.
We ordered starters followed by our main. I got the dirty burger as there’s nothing I love more. ‘Dirty’ it was dripping with fat and looked like the bun had been cut with an axe as it was in three bits. My girlfriends chicken was dry as sticks and left most of it. I thought on our check back I’ll say something. No one came to ask us how our food was and if everything was okay. Bearing in mind there were 6 people in the restaurant including us two. Our waitress was too bothered hanging through to the kitchen talking to the chefs. On our way out of the restaurant the girl who looked like the manager and another member of staff were stood behind the bar stood on their phones zoned out. Not one person seemed to be bothered that we were even there, treat with total disregard. My girlfriend works in the customer service industry and said this is not how you treat customers, I’m sure the staff would not appreciate an experience like this. Never in all my life have I experienced customer service like this, absolutely disgusting! Especially when my bill was £53.90.
We will not be back. I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

GeorgesGroup, Manager at George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Hi

As you are aware, we have replied in person to you and thank you for taking the time to feed back..

Many thanks

Georges Newcastle

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Driving through Newcastle with just enough time for lunch and a peek at some old things, I was sceptical of George’s location and station option appearance, but this is one of the best meals we’ve had after a couple of weeks in the UK.

My kid is a picky, picky eater, but found several options to choose from. Chicken and waffles was generous and spot on, cod and chips light and flaky, and the curry portioned perfectly for lunch and delicious.

Staff were friendly and quick.

Highly recommend this place, whatever the occasion or taste.

GeorgesGroup, General Manager at George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Hi DKandJ,

Thank you so much for your feedback, and taking the time to review your visit to our restaurant in this great little 5 star review!
I'm delighted to see you recommend us so highly and Ill pass these compliments to the whole team here.
It's also great to see you feedback on our brand new Children's Menu we recently launched and very hapy to see that our new range of choices can cater for any picky eater.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 4 September 2018

As myself and my partner are both from Scotland, stumbling upon this restaurant during a walk through Newcastle was the first time I had ever heard of the name. However, what I can say is that the date night we had here was simply superb, and I really hope that you guys open up in Scotland sometime soon!!
When we entered, I was slightly sceptical as the first thing the door-person said to me was "have you booked?" to which I answered no, concerned that we wouldn't get seated. However, she walked us over further into the restaurant to a lovely little table for two, welcomed us to the chain as it was our first time, and pointed out some of her recommendations for us on the menu. I personally love classically British food (pie, fish and chips etc.) so there was so many yummy things I had to choose between. In the end I had the seabass with the sweet potato and chickpea base and my partner had the cod and chips. The soft drinks we had were served in nice tall glasses with fresh fruit and ice and were delicious (I would personally recommend the Rhubarb and Custard soft drink). The service was great, could not fault the food and it was reasonably priced. I will be returning if I am ever in one of your locations soon, and will keep my fingers crossed that you will be making an entrance in the North East of Scotland sometime soon!

Hi RPatz1997,

Thank you for this absolutely fantastic 5 star review of your visit to Georges Great British Kitchen in Newcastle. I'm delighted to see you had such great date night with us!
It's great to see you had a flawless experience and enjoyed our famous British dishes with a twist. I will be share these wonderful compliments with our team here in Newcastle.
You never know one day we may end up North of the border. Being famous for our award winning Fish & Chips and coastal classics, I know a few people who would love to see our take on an Arbroath Smokie! One day... you never know!

I hope you will be popping down to Newcastle to visit us again very soon!

Kindest regards,