There are not many hotels in central guildford and we needed to stay in the area for an engagement party and chose here as there was a great deal through Superbreak including first night dinner and breakfast. We caught a bus into Guildford from the Tesco at the end of the road which was convenient and got a taxi home which cost £10. The spa was nice and quite quiet and dinner was excellent (3 courses were included in the price of our stay) and they were all nice enough. The evening was slightly spoiled by the extortionate price of drinks in the bar. We each had a single rum and coke after dinner and were charged over £11- what a joke!! This left a really sour taste in our mouths and we went to bed early as we certainly weren't willing to pay prices like that and be ripped off all evening!
Room was as you'd expect in a holiday inn- clean and to a nice standard and had everything we needed. Unfortunately the heating had been set to default to 24 degrees and meant we both woke up in the night absolutely sweltering! We turned the a/c on which seemed crazy in late Septemer, but we wouldn't have been able to sleep otherwise!
The restaurant staff at dinner time were absolutely lovely, however come the morning it was a completely different story. On both mornings we turned up for breakfast and found the staff extremely rude and unhelpful. Tables were filty with dirty plates and cutlery and when we were eventually seated we were told someone would take our order for tea and coffee- we waited 10 minutes before trying to attract the attention of the waitress - she muttered something under her breath before turning her back on us and not returning. We asked someone else who begrudginly got us some coffee. It had clearly been in the pot for hours and tasted disgusting. The same thing happened the second morning, with nobody to take our order for hot drinks. The milk on our table had a hair in it. We asked for a fresh jug and she looked like we had asked her to milk a cow not swap the milk! Luckily the food itself was really nice!
If it hadn't been for the staff at breakfast and the drinks prices we would have rated this place much higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Guildford, a modern full-service hotel, close to Guildford Town Centre and only 29 miles from London with easy access via the M25/ A3 and by train. The hotel is located near the Guildford Business Parks & FIVE Exhibition Centre . The hotel offers 168 air conditioned bedrooms including accessible (4) & family rooms. The hotel has high speed internet access available throughout and WIFI in the public areas. Stay at the Holiday Inn Guildford hotel & enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner in the Restaurant or have a 'light bite' in our Bar/Lounge. Kids eat, Stay free!* Holiday Inn Guildford is a Legoland hotel , and also close to other local attractions such as Chessington World of Adventures, Thorpe Park & Wisley Gardens. The Academy Conference Centre at the hotel is a leading Meetings venue in Guildford offering superb meeting rooms accommodating up to 180 delegates with extensive on-site car parking available. The hotel is also a premier Wedding venue in Guildford, Surrey. 'Spirit' at Holiday Inn Guildford is an excellent fully equipped health club with an indoor swimming pool, fitness studio and gym with a wide range of Beauty treatments available. *Terms & Conditions apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, IHG, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Guildford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Guildford Hotel Guildford
- Guildford Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Guildford England