1,082 results
All reviews brown toiletries squires restaurant steam room turn down service lovely hotel junior suite health club excellent facilities afternoon tea full body massage fresh milk scones standard room bar food little touches food was lovely set menu
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Mostly wonderful service and the common areas were lovely. We only gave the room (a superior king room) an average rating. Dinner was quite good with good service. I had the full British breakfast which was good but not great and the service was only so-so (we had to ask for butter for our toast and asked for sugar for our coffee TWICE). It was a nice stay but I’m not sure it lived up to the hype.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Bedford Lodge really did the bride and groom proud! A perfect venue for the ceremony and reception, with plenty of space for mingling, a private garden for after-ceremony drinks, and a seamless turnaround for the evening do. The arrangements and organisation were top-class and the wedding breakfast was excellent, making for a very special day. An added bonus was the private breakfast room for the guests who stayed over to share with the new 'Mr and Mrs'.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed in hotel before and was very impressed so we came back this year. Thought I’d book the spa for a treat. What a find staff were very friendly and helpful. Booked in for back massage facial & scalp massage therapist Jemma was fab very professional for a young girl with strong hands she explained everything that she was going to do and delivered 100% will definitely be back next time in Newmarket.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank n77ark
Reviewed 31 October 2018

I engaged with the Bedford Lodge early in 2018 to organise our wedding which happened on the 25th Oct. Every bit of planning that took place was taken in with professional warmth and turned into a creative reality. Even though my original co-ordinator left, current co-ordinators Jonny G, Jonathan A and Kieran did everything possible to ensure that my every need was met, my ideas and changes were taken on board with minimal fuss and that the entire day ran smoothly. A special mention also for Rebecca who met me when my bridesmaids and I arrived the day before for treatments and to stay overnight prior to the big Day. She didn't know the full ins and outs of the days running timetable but she took everything on board and everything was handled and dealt with so that when the big day came up, the only thing I had to worry about was whether my hairpiece and veil were on straight :)

Their combined experience and professionalism also came up in conversation with many of our guests who commented on how wonderful the venue was, how seamless the whole day was and what wonderful service they had received.

No job was too big or too small and every bit of our stay made us feel welcome and valued as customers. We are so very happy that we chose the Bedford lodge for our venue and we are so pleased that our guests had an amazing time too. Thank you so much! We are still spinning from what a good day i was and how well we were looked after.

Room tip: We had the bridal room which was perfect and the executive rooms are wonderful
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 31 October 2018

A last minute two night stay in Newmarket while visiting nearby vets. The hotel was busy as there were sales on with lots of international guests, however the service was still unhurried and personal. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the food lovely and the wine list outstanding. Will definitely stay again when next in Newmarket.

• Trip type: Travelled on business