Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
All the Scaresville Team are amazing.

We went to Scaresville on Fri,7 adults and 2 kids...Kids were sure they wanted to come. We were all... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2018
TjW00
Braintree, United Kingdom
via mobile
Scaresville 2018 Above and beyond expectations

I visited 3 November 2018, the last night of the attraction, having not been to anything like this... read more

Reviewed 4 November 2018
ludoliz
Cambridge, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews re enactment next year last night tudor life the kitchen walled garden christmas event magic show re creation tudor times tudor house farm animals victorian christmas quiche stable yard mulled wine picnic area
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Wow! A word I used many many times as I walked around this beautiful Tudor house. There are so many interesting rooms with an amazing array of quirky authentic objects. It was so refreshing having the freedom to roam all over the house without too many restrictions (the only time that I saw a rule was "Enter ye notte") A sense of humour pervades this place and the staff throughout were so friendly and helpful. I've bought a season ticket so that I can visit many times again and have access to the wonderful themed days.
The gardens are lovely and I look forward to the summer when the roses will be in bloom. My visit was in April and the daffodils and primroses were so pretty. Look out for the peacocks too.
The farm is delightful and is fun for all ages.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to Kentwell Hall many times and each time I visit there is something different to see.
I always enjoy the kitchen, the smells and atmosphere are amazing. The 'Tudor' cooks go out of their way to make you feel welcome and are very good at explaining what they are doing and why.
So much to see and do at Kentwell Hall, great value, roll on the next visit.

Date of experience: April 2018
KentwellH, Manager at Kentwell Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review of your visit to Kentwell and for your 5 stars.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

What a great place to visit at Easter with children. Easter egg hunts and plenty of space for them to let off steam in the gardens, as well as exploring the house and getting lost in the world of Beatrix Potter...

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

What a disappointment!! We travelled over 70 miles to make a visit to Kentwell Hall and gardens. Having obtained a leaflet before we set out, we were pleased to note the House was open on Monday 27 March 2018. At the reception we were told the house was not open, we were not the only people disappointed as there were several groups walking up to the house entrance and reading the closed notice.
I must say we enjoyed seeing the lambs but this was not the real reason for our visit as we are very interested in historic houses.
I await with interest your comments
Kind regards
Brenda Hammond

Date of experience: March 2018
KentwellH, Manager at Kentwell Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Brenda,

I am sorry for your disappointment with the house not being open on the 27th March. Unfortunately, due to burst pipes in the roof because of the extreme weather, we had and as I am sure you will understand, a huge clear up job to do.

We did promote that we were closed to all sites that we could and send notification to all pre booked tickets visitors.

We are now fully open.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have visited Kentwell Hall three times and every time I drive up the lane to park, I feel like I have come home. It is so cool to walk where my ancestors walked hundreds of years ago. The owners have really restored it nicely!

Date of experience: June 2017
KentwellH, Manager at Kentwell Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we are very proud of Kentwell Hall. Did you know the drive is 3/4 mile long and it is an avenue of Lime Trees.